+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD drive playing up on my Liv Zen

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It's starting to get complicated now, this was supposed to be a simple fast ripping solution!! I've found the same drive as the potentially faulty one on eBay for not much moolah and will try that first.
    The Vortexbox software has been around for a good number of years now, I have been using it pretty much since it was first released. It is a simple fast ripping solution for CD’s and DVD’s which mostly works very well.

However. I no longer use the Vortexbox CD ripper to rip any new CD’s as I have had problems in the past with some older classical music CD’s, in that the file names the ripper generates are too long for a Windows system and sometimes contain cryllic characters from eastern block recordings, consequently the files cannot be copied from one PC to another under Windows.

Of course this is not a problem if you only use the Vortexbox backup utility, or you use another Linux based computer to backup your files.

I rip any new CD’s I buy now using the DBpoweramp software which I save directly to the Vortexbox music folder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    However. I no longer use the Vortexbox CD ripper to rip any new CD’s as I have had problems in the past with some older classical music CD’s, in that the file names the ripper generates are too long for a Windows system and sometimes contain cryllic characters from eastern block recordings, consequently the files cannot be copied from one PC to another under Windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes I'm finding this and it's a pain. It seems to be when people have named each track with the artist/album/track method with several soloists and orchestra being named in each track, and the details have annoyingly found their way onto the CD identity database.

When I'm less busy I try to edit the file names before recopying but I suspect I've dropped several dozen tracks over the months annoyingly. I'd be grateful for any practical and not too time consuming solutions.

I'm Lawrence.

The replacement drive arrived and the Zen is ripping again so all is well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12