It suddenly started not reading discs in the middle of a ripping session.

Q1 I've looked it up and, being a Vortexbox/LMS based system the first port of call is to try clearing the cache before replacing the drive. Unfortunately, the password does not seem to be the default one so I'm struggling to get into the system to do this. I think I've found some instructions on resetting the password bit I need a keyboard and monitor to do this so I'm looking into that. I also emailed Nuno at Innuos in case he can help. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any advice on what to do I'll be most grateful.

Q2 if it is the drive, does anyone know where to get a new (or guaranteed refurb) slot loading internal DVD rewrite drive? I looked online and found one but the socket at the back looks different. I should have taken a photo while I was inside, but I didn't think. If anyone knows the different types of sockets that drives can have I will recognise it if I see it. (It was to one side of the rear and was about a third of the width, it had two plugs joined together, one was a bit wider than the other, if that helps??)

Thanks in advance for any advice.