+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: SME to Rega/Morch adapter board (20 mm) + Kuzma (30 mm) + SME 10 tt dual arm

I'm Peter.

Default Wanted: SME to Kuzma arm board adapter (30 mm) + SME to NA + SME 10 tt dual arm

EDITED as I think the Morch/ortofon arm base converter is covered by this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silvio-Lab-...-/322940487916

I thought the Rega arm hole was the same as the Morch / Ortofon arm-hole, but I see that this is not the case as it is 24-25 mm according to the Origin Live home page.

--------------------------

In preparation for my imminent sale of an SME V arm, I would like to buy ... ONLY THESE arm boards ...

An SME to Kuzma Stogi adapter may also be of interest (30mm).
    An SME to Nottingham Analogue adapter - if they even exist (measurements unknown).
    An SME to Hadcock adapter (16mm)

A second SME 10 (possibly 12") armboard on the odd chance that I want to use two arms on the turntable. The SME 10 dual arm plate that used to be made by Timestep is now not produced any longer.

You must be prepared to ship to Denmark. The arm board adapter is to be used on an SME 10 turntable.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 10-01-2020 at 09:51.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm John.

For Rega you will a need 23mm hole, not 20mm, also I'm pretty sure the original hole in my Brinkmann arm board, which was for a Morch arm was 21mm. Origin live make an SME to Rega adapter, and am sure they'd be happy to ship out to you, just have a look on there Website.
    Mark Baker at OLis a great bloke to deal with and may be able to make other adapters should you have difficulty sourcing what you need.

I'm Peter.

Thanks for the clarification! I will not need an arm board for a Rega arm - I just thought it had the same diameter as the Morch / Ortofon arm hole (19-20mm).

I think I have found a cost-effective solution for the SME to Morch arm board converter, but I would still like to find adapters/conversters for the following tone arm manufacturers: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silvio-Lab-...-/322940487916

An SME to Kuzma Stogi adapter may also be of interest (30mm).
    An SME to Nottingham Analogue adapter - if they even exist (measurements unknown).
    An SME to Hadcock adapter (16mm)

A second SME 10 (possibly 12") armboard on the odd chance that I want to use two arms on the turntable. The SME 10 dual arm plate that used to be made by Timestep is now not produced any longer.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

An SME to Kuzma Stogi adapter is of interest (30mm).
    An SME to Hadcock adapter (16mm) - will a Ortofon/Morch 20 mm armhole do?

I'm John.

Check the OL or similar SME to Rega adapters. Thefe should be enough meat on them to open the hole from 23mm to 30mm and then clearance for the mounting collar. to suit a Kuzma.

I'm Peter.

That at is not a bad idea, actually! Thanks!

That seems to have taken care of both Morch/Ortofon + Kuzma adapters then.

Wanted then is really just a second SME armbase for the SME 10.

I'm John.

A machined (stepped like at straw boater) insert would sort the smaller arm pillar sizes.
    Simply have the rim at 27mm & 0.5 - 1mm thick then reduce to 23mm to fit a Rega hole. You can then bore the centre out to required size i.e 16mm for the smaller arm pillared arms.
    Once made simply glue in place with a good gripping but easily removed glue, (something like UHU or clear Bostik) so other adapters can be inserted as required to suit your arm choices.

I'm Peter.

Got it! Good thinking. The Kuzma adapter costs £385. Then again, I suppose that the £49 OL adapter could be bored out to fit a Kuzma arm.

So I really only want a second armboard for the SME 10.

I'm Peter.

12" armboard for my SME 10 - anyone?

I will pick the SME 10 + SME V up later today and it would be nice to try a 12" arm at some point.

+ Reply to Thread