+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dorado II and SEG 42 Firmare.

I'm Michael.

Default Dorado II and SEG 42 Firmare.

The Dorado II and SEG firmware is a worthwhile replacement for the Dorado I. The Dorado II on it’s own is a subtle change, the SEG firmware brings as Stan says, improvements to timbre and detailing.

On minor gripe if it bothers you is the Dorado’s LED is very bright, but the Dorado is small enough to be hidden.

Mike
    Last edited by mbic; 10-01-2020 at 15:55.

I'm Kevin.

Black insulation tape on the LED should dim it down nicely.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Michael.

It doesn’t bother me, but it could be an issue for someone. Rather than use insulation tape, I would live with it.
    Mike.

I'm Adam.

When did the SEG 42 Firmware come out?

I got my SEG (with the latest firmware) and Dorado MK I at the tail end of 2018.

...I am not sure what version of the SEG Firmware I have - but if there is a later version I am keen on updating.
    Adam.

I'm Michael.

Stan would be able to tell you, if you opened up the Caiman the firmware chip is behind the LED’S, the number on the Dorado chip is SEG 42.
    The one I removed is SEG 36.

I'm Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by mbic View Post
    One minor gripe if it bothers you is the Dorado’s LED is very bright, but the Dorado is small enough to be hidden.
    Dazzling would be one way to describe that LED!

Can highly recommend these, use them all around the house:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LightDims-O.../dp/B009WSJNCW

I shall look into turning the LED brightness down on the next production run.

I'm stuart.

I have a Dorado mk1 and it’s led isnt bright at all - maybe mine was changed by the previous owner (it’s green rather than blue as stated in hhe user manual)
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    I have a Dorado mk1 and it’s led isnt bright at all - maybe mine was changed by the previous owner (it’s green rather than blue as stated in hhe user manual)
    The first ever production of the Dorado had green LEDs. The brightness was lower. Blue LEDS give off more light for the same circuit component values.

I'm ABRAHAM.

Default Upgraded - SEG42 &DORADO MK2

Hi Stan,
    I thought you should know. The upgrade was sweet. I had a linear PSU running at 13.8 V https://www.rapidonline.com/rapid-lp...et-psu-85-1714
    It worked well with good bass and detail but the upgrade brought out a really nicer edge to detail and punch.
    Thanks very much for your contribution to affordable high end audio.
    Keep it coming.
    You should probably look at developing a power amp. I am sure it will be a great success.
    Abraham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast