+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croft micro playing up

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Is one pair a phono level input? Send some pics of the inside, from my experience line level micros have a single valve and phono level ones have 3 valves. That excludes regulator valves in the earlier (or perhaps some higher end later) models.
    It has its own phono stage, but I prefer using my Graham Slee through a line stage. Its inputs are - phono, line 1, 2, 3. Line 1 doesn't work at the minute, line 2 does. Haven't tried phono or line 3 yet.

croft 1 by Mike Van, on Flickr

croft 2 by Mike Van, on Flickr
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    it's mostly been the fuses in my experience. a blown fuse means heavy distortion.

they're at the back.

QUOTE=Mikeandvan;1153389]Thanks Dave, which fuse do I check? And how can I tell which valve is playing up?
    [/QUOTE]

There's only 1 fuse at the back, appears fine.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

I think the inputs should all be in the same circuit when selected so it might be the selector switch itself. have you tried fiddling it a little bit when the dodgy input is selected? From experience with other amps a channel can cut out this way and maybe distort (but usually at a low volume). Are all other line inputs ok?

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Depending on age send it off to Glen for a dose of looking at
    +1
    Difficult one, best send to Glenn...before you know it you'll have it back sorted.....and singing! I must admit, he is soooo reasonably priced ....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I think the inputs should all be in the same circuit when selected so it might be the selector switch itself. have you tried fiddling it a little bit when the dodgy input is selected? From experience with other amps a channel can cut out this way and maybe distort (but usually at a low volume). Are all other line inputs ok?
    Its working fine now, I guess it has an intermittent fault.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    +1
    Difficult one, best send to Glenn...before you know it you'll have it back sorted.....and singing! I must admit, he is soooo reasonably priced ....

I tried emailing him twice, no reply, I understand though, when work isn't worth it, I often ignore it myself.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I tried emailing him twice, no reply, I understand though, when work isn't worth it, I often ignore it myself.
    I guess he's maybe just a bit busy... I've spoken to him via email a couple of times and he's normally very good at getting back.. don't give up as I'm sure Glenn will sort it out for you easily and fairly cheaply too
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I guess he's maybe just a bit busy... I've spoken to him via email a couple of times and he's normally very good at getting back.. don't give up as I'm sure Glenn will sort it out for you easily and fairly cheaply too
    England are playing a test series in South Africa, might be related

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Pm me your email address and I'll give him a nudge ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12