+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happens to vinyl returns....?

I'm Bob.

Default What happens to vinyl returns....?

Santa came through with the goods this Christmas in the form of The Beatles White Album box set, half speed mastered at Abbey Road. And the quality of vinyl and sound of all 4 LP's is astounding. Mind, at £80 so it should be.

So impressed was I that I ordered the Abbey Road box set (3 LP's), again the sound quality easily living up to the hype. BUT:-

Side 2, despite being unmarked and visually pristine had a regular ticking noise that occurred on each revolution on about 75% of the content. So back it went to Amazon and within 24 hours of posting I have another set to try.

This is a not inconsiderable cost and a beautifully presented set. Out of 6 sides in total 5 were as they should be with just the 1 being faulty.

I suspect the fault lay in the pressing as the whole set was manufacturer sealed, so this may not be the only set returned. The newly received replacement will be tried tonight - again visually the three discs look perfect, but then so did the original set. The replacement is direct from Amazon, the faulty original was from FLASH, "fulfilled" by Amazon. I'm hoping they are from different batch runs.

The thought occurs of what happens to the returns? I can't imagine Amazon absorbing any cost so do they get sent back to the manufacturer for investigation? And then what? Sold off cheap? Recycled?

Anyone know?
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / Cadenza Bronze
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

I'm Clive.

Thumbs up

Good question.

Just before Christmas I ordered and received a album which was very noisy on side one, track one. I contacted the record co who supplied it direct and they replaced it saying that they did not want the 1st copy back.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Grant.

They did that with me once too.
    Not sure why it's only sometimes they do it.
    Maybe returns are resealed and resold. If a second complaint comes it's deffo faulty, type attitude.. It wouldn't surprise me tbh.

As for who pays, manufacturer will pay for any faulty ones.. Maybe its them that send them out again.. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread