+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kimchi Anyone ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I think I've been making kimchi myself without even knowing it. The binmen come and empty my fermenting pot every two weeks.
    Ah home made Botulin. Nothing like it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    My Son and I take the piss out of Mrs Puffin as she is really into this sort of stuff.....However she tried some Kimchi which I presume wasn't a hit with her as some weeks later I saw it on the garden wall awaiting some sort of ritual burial.......I think. Mrs P is into what son and I call ponsy lifestyle foods like Pingi Pingi beans of Foo Foo root and "weeds" that sell at inflated prices as superfoods
    Ah, you've got a Mrs. P as well, they're a strange bunch aren't they?

I have a feeling that if I tried this kimchi it would also end up on the garden wall. And on the dining room floor. and in a bucket next to my bed.

I know I may be embarrassing company in restaurants sometime, when I have to sniff unfamiliar foods before I will taste them, but I don't care - this tactic has helped me maintain "gut health" over the years I'm sure of that And I have a feeling that kimchi would fail the sniff test.

Why is it that everything Korean seems to be called Kim or Park? Must be a dead easy language to learn.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah home made Botulin. Nothing like it.
    You could always try this https://www.thelocal.se/20170816/sur...mented-herring

Not usually home made though - comes in cans I believe.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Can't get on there. Apparently you have to register with ilovetoeatstinkyshite.com first.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well it arrived and I've tried it.... can't say i like it that much...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well it arrived and I've tried it.... can't say i like it that much...
    Well at least you did try it. Did it smell as wrong as it sounds? I don't care if the bacteria content has been carefully managed so as to not harm humans, if it smells long dead, it's going in the bin. Preferably next door's bin

T'other system:

A/V:

Well at least you did try it. Did it smell as wrong as it sounds? I don't care if the bacteria content has been carefully managed so as to not harm humans, if it smells long dead, it's going in the bin. Preferably next door's bin
    Indeed.... however I reckon if I made it myself it would taste better.... this one was VERY spicy too
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Indeed.... however I reckon if I made it myself it would taste better.... this one was VERY spicy too
    Is it not true that Asians traditionally spice their food heavily in a bid to make manky dead meat more palatable? I don't mind food that's a bit spicy, but not to the point where it actually hurts (at both ends)

T'other system:

A/V:

Is it not true that Asians traditionally spice their food heavily in a bid to make manky dead meat more palatable? I don't mind food that's a bit spicy, but not to the point where it actually hurts (at both ends)
    You might be right Steve, I'm not sure....... I'm the same I don't like very spicy food... can't say I've ever known it to 'hurt' though...
    Bev

I'm Steve.

You might be right Steve, I'm not sure....... I'm the same I don't like very spicy food... can't say I've ever known it to 'hurt' though...
    You can count yourself lucky, but for me, ring-sting - it's a thing

Right I'm off now for my bath - funny how our conversations always end with me going for a bath! Make of that what you will So it's goodnight from me

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast