+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimchi Anyone ?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Kimchi Anyone ?

Has anyone tried Kimchi ?

I've just ordered some but if I like it I will make it myself.. sounds pretty easy to do...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Not tried it but heard of it. KOREAN
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Korean it is and spicy, fermented apparently

I’ll let you know what it’s like when I receive mine
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dave.

It is Korean. I heard of it a year or so back. Think I actually had some in a restaurant not long ago - wasn't as bad as I feared. Not something I'd deliberately avoid, but perhaps not a dish I'd seek out either. Opportunities are probably rare, though maybe if anyone wants to try, a trip to New Malden would satisfy curiosity.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Kimchi is like sauerkraut, being a sour fermented vegetable. However, whereas sauerkraut is just cabbage, kimchi is a mix of fermented vegetables and every family has its own recipe. It is not an exaggeration to say that Kimchi is a national obsession in Korea and prompts many heated arguments about the "best" recipe.

I like Kimchi as I enjoy sour tastes but I found that some Kimchi I had in Seoul was just a bit too "ripe" for my taste. Fermented vegetable dishes are very popular in Korea and South East Asia. I particularly enjoyed the lightly fermented dishes that I had when I was living in North Vietnam that used the fantastic locally grown herbs and produce. Nowadays I have to get by on pickled walnuts and mixed pickles though they are not really comparable to the fermented stuff!

I'm Pete.

Korean food and kimchi in particular is huge throughout south east asia. It grew in popularity mainly due to the popularity of Korean soap operas and pop bands in the wider east asian markets. Must say I hate the soaps and the music but love the food. There's a fantastic korean restaurant just 5 minutes from my place.
    Analogue: Garrard 401 (NWA), NWA slate plinth, Redbeard bearing, SME IV, Dynavector XX-2 MkII, Pathos In The Groove Mk II. Digital: Self built PC, RME HDSPe MADI PCIe card, Mytek 8x192 ADDA & MADI DIO card. Other: Shadow Hills Equinox, ATC SCM50ASL Pro, Towersonic TS-1B, Analysis Plus Power Oval & XLR ic, Sine SRT-3KV, Sine SA-6, Sine Royal 2S

I'm Dan.

Yup; eat a lot of it

It's good for your gut health too
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Justin.

Bev the prefab stuff varies a lot. You might like one implementation but not another.

If you want easy to make, Waitrose sell a glass jar of Kimchi paste. Then just add cabbage. I actually have a jar just not tried it yet.

The right homemade recipe will be best. YouTube has a gazillion Kimchi recipes.

I'm Geoff.

When you are shopping for Kimchi ingredients don''t forget to add this to the list!

https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/p/6295032

I'm Geoff.

What's it like with chips?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast