+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

I'm Thomas.

Default Hello!

Hello all!

Have been a vinyl collector for a while now but only recently got the hi-fi bug after upgrading my mixer.

Slightly unusual situation as currently using a Mastersounds Radius 2 Rotary mixer as my phono pre-amp into a NAD 3020i and some Royd Edens with Van Damme black speaker cables. Main source is a pair of 1210MK2s - one has had tonearm wire upgraded to Cardas, RCAs and power supply redone, the other with new tonearm and RCA wires/ends. Using one Shure M44e and one Ortofon Concord Nightclub.

I am looking to both upgrade to a power amp (with the rotary mixer as pre) and speakers. Am set on the new Wharfedale Lintons but still undecided on the amp.
    Vacillating massively between staying more vintage with something like an upgraded Quad 606 or going for something like Class D.
    Then there's valves...

Definitely want a bit of punch in the sound as do listen to a fair bit of deep house and techno but also jazz, classical and vocal music.
    Also worried about too much transparency on a more modern power amp as I mostly listen to second-hand vinyl and source quality does vary massively.

I'm Pete.

Hi Thomas

I'm new around here too, into house, techno, leftfield, balearic, yatch rock, dub, reggae, some jazz, some pop, you know the score; Levan, Mancuso, Weatherall, Harvey - my kind of selectors.

The Mastersounds looks nice, my mate's into rotaries and has the Bozak CMA-10-2DL.

Cheers

Pete
    Analogue: Garrard 401 (NWA), NWA slate plinth, Redbeard bearing, SME IV, Dynavector XX-2 MkII, Pathos In The Groove Mk II. Digital: Self built PC, RME HDSPe MADI PCIe card, Mytek 8x192 ADDA & MADI DIO card. Other: Shadow Hills Equinox, ATC SCM50ASL Pro, Towersonic TS-1B, Analysis Plus Power Oval & XLR ic, Sine SRT-3KV, Sine SA-6, Sine Royal 2S

I'm Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by ost_ View Post

Levan, Mancuso, Weatherall, Harvey - my kind of selectors.
    And mine too!

That Bozak sounds great - are they run into monitors or a hi fi setup?

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Thomas,

You won't go far wrong with a Quad 606 power amp. There are some very good Class D amps around, but at the moment there is quite a variation in quality between them all.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Thomas,

You won't go far wrong with a Quad 606 power amp. There are some very good Class D amps around, but at the moment there is quite a variation in quality between them all.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread