+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry January . . .

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    if/when it snows, she'll be as ecstatic as a kid in a sweety shop!

Life is good, so cheer up!

Marco.
    That's because : half an inch of snow and the schools close Not a bad deal, but unfortunately, snow or no, if I don't turn out I don't get paid. By not letting that thought get me down, I guess I'm already more cheerful than most
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's because : half an inch of snow and the schools close Not a bad deal, but unfortunately, snow or no, if I don't turn out I don't get paid. By not letting that thought get me down, I guess I'm already more cheerful than most
    was in same place.. no work, no money, means no nooky
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    was in same place.. no work, no money, means no nooky
    But we can still smile about it eh?

Easy to be cheerful when life is a big easy doss - keeping your chin up when the going gets tough, that sorts the men from the boys

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Absolutely... There will always be millions of others, all over the world, who are FAR worse off than you, so learn to count your blessings

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

But we can still smile about it eh?

Easy to be cheerful when life is a big easy doss - keeping your chin up when the going gets tough, that sorts the men from the boys
    Yup, done precisely that many times before, most notably when saving myself from going bankrupt and losing our house, in the mid 90s when the business was struggling and we had a huge mortgage to pay. Try working for yourself, and having NO *guaranteed* wage EVER, but just as many bills to pay as anyone else; that soon sorts the men out from the boys!!

I had to go out, often 6, sometimes 7 days a week, and GENERATE A WAGE from selling stuff. If I (or the salesmen working for me) didn't sell, I didn't earn. Simples... But the bank still wanted their money each month! So as I keep telling you, I didn't get into the position of life being a "big easy doss" from it being handed to me on a plate - I had to WORK bloody hard for it

That's the big benefit though of owning your own business: the rewards can be as high when you're successful, as losses are when you fail.... In all seriousness though, at your age you should be cutting down on your hours and making plans for your retirement, lest you're destined to work into your dotage, and have no time left to enjoy your retirement.

I started planning for my retirement, and putting money aside/investing it when I was 25, which is partly the reason I'm in this happy position now. Forward planning in life is essential, otherwise you just get bogged down going through the humdrum motions of daily life, years pass by like that, and before you know it it's too late for making any retirement plans, and you're too old and creaky/poor to actually LIVE what's left of your life, and so end up merely existing, until you pop your clogs..

True words, muchacho, trust me. And *that* was never going to happen to me!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

I have a Longrow in my stash. Very nice it is too.
    As for dry January, it rained here yesterday, so it is over as far as I am concerned.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steve.

Phew that was rather more wordy than I was expecting, I had to go for a lie down half way, but I got through it eventually

Yup, done precisely that many times before, most notably when saving myself from going bankrupt and losing our house, in the mid 90s when the business was struggling and we had a huge mortgage to pay. Try working for yourself, and having NO *guaranteed* wage EVER, but just as many bills to pay as anyone else; that soon sorts the men out from the boys!!

Marco.
    You are aware that I work for myself don't you, have done for 20 years now, but some businesses pay better than others. Oh well, that's life.

Didn't know you were one of the oft-mentioned "headless chickens" - I was never that, I always worked hard, but never over-long hours. While at the same time you was fully signed-up for the rat race. So it would seem that people shouldn't heed your advice about not being a wage-slave, even though the previous post suggests that is what kept you out of the poor house Get out of that without moving

T'other system:

A/V:

You are aware that I work for myself don't you, have done for 20 years now....
    No, I thought you worked for a company. So what's the name of your company/business then, got a website? You can add it to your signature, if you wish, to drive some traffic to it

Didn't know you were one of the oft-mentioned "headless chickens" - I was never that, I always worked hard, but never over-long hours. While at the same time you was fully signed-up for the rat race. So it would seem that people shouldn't heed your advice about not being a wage-slave, even though the previous post suggests that is what kept you out of the poor house Get out of that without moving
    Lol - not quite sure what you're getting at... Part of the reason why I go on about the rat race is because I was once a part of it, but 'saw the light', as it were, and so left it, ASAP. Therefore I can recognise the stress it causes to others. Plus, one of the reasons why I go on about living a simpler life with less overheads/material possessions, etc, is because I know full well the perils attached to the opposite! I learned my lesson [the hard way].

You do what you have to do to survive/pay the bills, but the important thing is to make the most serious mistakes when you're young, and learn from them, so don't repeat them when you're older...

Also, make sure that when you're older (i.e. my age or yours) you've put sufficient provisions in place, financially, to enable you (and your wife/partner) to enjoy life and/or retirement, not be a "wage slave", and so by that time be completely divorced from the rat race, and able to have some FUN!

If you're still part of the rat race at, say, 60, and leaving it doesn't look likely anytime soon [and neither does retirement], then you're destined to have a pretty unhappy old age...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Agree with almost all of that, and as for the bits I don't, well I'll let you keep them too

T'other system:

A/V:

Cool So I repeat:

No, I thought you worked for a company. So what's the name of your company/business then, got a website? You can add it to your signature, if you wish, to drive some traffic to it...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast