+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linn kan or tukan speakers

I'm Lee.

Default Linn kan or tukan speakers

Hi guys,
    Does anyone have any experience of Linn Kan speakers and what version compared to the tukan speakers.
    I am thinking of buying a pair to see what they are like. I can’t afford a LS3/5a and have read online they are similar(ish)

Comments on a postcard

Thanks
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Andre.

I noticed that anything which resembles a LS3/5a will fetch a price.. Heybrook HB2?
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 05-01-2020 at 23:05.

I'm Timothy.

I thought the Tukan was a decent speaker, I never owned a pair though. I did own Kans and Kan2 versions, which I liked Kan2 version the best, it was a bit smoother to my ears. Also, with the bi-wiring connections at the back, it was easier to modify, which I did for active version at one point using Naim Snaxo crossover, Hicap power supply and a pair of Nap250 amplifiers. Was a fun setup, accurate? No, but a whole lot of fun.

Kans are probably one of those speakers one likes or hates, not much middle ground. Tukans were easier to live with I think overall for many in the middle ground. Just my own thoughts on it....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Jonathan.

I listened to Kans vs Ruark Talismans back in the day for the main music system and for me the Talismans won hands down. The retailer didn’t agree but I thought the Kans could not compete on dynamics across the range of music.

I have a Tukan centre speaker on my AV setup and it is brilliant. Really good on vocals and would like to get Tukan fronts when I can find a pair at a good price. However needs the subwoofer.

I'm Dennis.

I had a friend who bought Kans in about '86, at that time they were referred to as Tin Cans because they were so coloured.

I'm Andre.

I had a pair of early 'Kan' & a pair of Audiomaster 'LS3/5a' side by side together with Onix 'OA21' amp & Logic 'Tempo' TT/'Datum' arm/Nagaoka 'MP11B'... I prefered the 'Kan'. But i never felt i got anything from them in a dynamic sense.. But never expected to regarding the size.. Saying that ive always prefered small box speakers.

btw i felt that was an exceptionally good system of that type back then..

I'm matt.

My mk 2 Kans were great fun but I couldn't live with them without a subwoofer.
    I've heard people say that a good Royd does everything a Kan does but with some bass.

I'm Mike.

Listened to Kans for years in the office.
    Good little speakers delivering more than their size would indicate
    Will get around to selling two pairs soonish
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Listened to Kans for years in the office.
    Good little speakers delivering more than their size would indicate
    Will get around to selling two pairs soonish
    What model are they Mike?

Thanks
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Mike.

Think one pair is Mk1 the other Mk2

Will go and check and report back
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast