+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are pets closer to you than family

I'm Andre.

Default Are pets closer to you than family

I ask because when i lost the last cat i was in pieces yet when i lost my Dad & younger sister i never batted an eyelid!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    I ask because when i lost the last cat i was in pieces yet when i lost my Dad & younger sister i never batted an eyelid!
    I was the same when I lost my mum, dad and step father but distraught when my furry buddies left me. I dread the day my little Mia leaves me.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I know the feeling...

When I lost my lovely Whippet I was a mess.... she was a big part of my life....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

This guy brought so much joy and will be a familiar figure to anyone who attended my bake offs over the years. We lost him last year and I still think of him most days.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    We lost him last year and I still think of him most days
    So sorry about that Geoff... I know exactly how it hurts believe me...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Although I was distraught when my mum died of cancer, and will be the same when my dad eventually goes (as we've always been close as a family) - as a MASSIVE cat lover, I know *exactly* what you mean.

The difference is the love of any intelligent animal (cat, dog, horse or whatever) is unconditional. They make NO demands of you (other than with feeding and/or exercising and giving them attention), take you as you are and will never let you down.

You simply won't get that from ANY human being.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

So true Marco...

Peeps always 'judge' you and animals just don't... which is probably why I love all animals... even g-pigs
    Bev

I'm Andre.

However i do find cats & dog have different adjendas.. Dogs are genuine companions that love to have a master as a friend where a cat needs a slave & has one thing on the adjenda *FOOD* So they will bull shit you in any way they can lol but you just love em

I'm Jonathan.

My gorgeous golden retriever probably has cancer. Aged 3. Know Monday. Am a mess. More so than when my parents left me. HiFi not important right now, that’s how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bosa View Post
    My gorgeous golden retriever probably has cancer. Aged 3. Know Monday. Am a mess. More so than when my parents left me. HiFi not important right now, that’s how bad it is.
    Oh I am so sorry Jonathan.... I am keeping everything crossed for you for Monday... let us know how you get on... absolutley HiFi is not important at all...that's just how it should be...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast