+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spendor SP100 R2 speakers

I'm Alan.

Congratulations, I'm glad these have gone to someone who will undoubtedly love them. I carefully considered bringing these 'home' myself.

From another Alan, in Hailsham.
    https://www.abcaudio.biz/. Representing EWA audio designs by Colin Wonfor

I'm alan.

Thank you for your kind words - maybe we’ll meet up one day as you’re so near when life returns to normality (we have to assume that normality will return one day!) The buyer was in fact delighted with the speakers and I only sold them because a forum member on one of the other sites acquired the Classic 100s for a bargain price and I got them from him for even less as he was expecting a new male addition to the family (and boys can be a little too inquisitive) - and he was able to deliver them personally. So it’s all worked out really well.
    Alan

I'm Graham.

Great result Alan, out of interest, how do you find the classic 100 compared to the sp100r2?
    I too think the Classic 100 are fantastic. Huge scale, bass you feel and they really boogie along. One of the best speakers I have heard.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Vernon's just had a post deleted. One more like that again from him and he'll be banned. We operate a zero-tolerance policy to blatant thread craps on sales threads here, so bear that in mind!!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm alan.

Many thanks Marco - I didn’t actually see Vernon’s post but doubtless it was because I didn’t want to send them to America and I had explained my reasons to him at great length. I either wanted personal collection or for the buyer to arrange collection and thereby assume all responsibility for damage, which is what actually happened.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by alanc View Post
    Many thanks Marco - I didn’t actually see Vernon’s post but doubtless it was because I didn’t want to send them to America and I had explained my reasons to him at great length. I either wanted personal collection or for the buyer to arrange collection and thereby assume all responsibility for damage, which is what actually happened.
    Totally justified Alan, i've posted hifi in the UK and abroad, touch wood i've never had anything damaged with internal postage, however international is completely different, i've had kit go missing, look like it's been thrown off of a tall building and everything in between and trying to claim on insurance is so complicated especially with older kit where you may not have original receipts of what it cost you or the item may well be worth more now than it was 30 years ago, to say it's a minefield is an understatement, plus if you use paypal they are on the buyers side all the time and you can end up out of pocket for months while the insurance goes through.

As you can imagine i will not post internationally anymore and like you for things like speakers and turntables prefer collection or for the buyer to take on the responsibility of postage and insurance.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

I avoid selling to folk I can't get into a British small-claims court if things go pear shaped. That said, I've not needed to so far.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticaudio View Post
    How do they get from Spendor to the USA ?... SHIPPING !!!
    I will cover the cost !

FEDEX international !
    Have a look at this Vernon:

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...sa-700.251186/

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345