+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello...

I'm Nige.

Default Hello...

Hi all,

I知 a analogue devotee with a simple as possible vinyl only system (TT, MC SUT, Valve Phono Stage, Valve Integrated Amp, speakers.

I知 looking to improve on the simplicity, quality and overall musicality of the system overall.

Musically, I love old school and modern blues, blues rock, jazz, rock, but definitely not limited to these.

I知 always interested in new ideas as long as they support my desires of simplicity, quality and overall musicality.

I知 based in the Netherlands but return to England on a very regularly.

Thanks.

Nige.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Welcome to AoS Nige,

If it's simplicity you're after, a good quality integrated with built in MC phono stage would help, depending on what equipment you're already using. Tell us a bit more about what you have.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Nige.

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

System is:
    Linn LP12, soon to be updated with full Stack Audio Serene parts, Naim Aro (silver wired straight to SUT), Koetsu Cart.
    Silvercore Silver SUT
    Audio Note M1 RIAA Phono (modified to a higher level than an onboard Phono Stage in the Meishu would allow)
    Audio Note Meishu with ‘rolled’ NOS valves - will also upgrade do AN4300E (300B) tubes this year.
    Audio Note AN J’s - due to silver wired
    Cables are AN or Silver wire

Apart from the upgrades mentioned above, I want to look at the power supply side of things.

Thanks.

Nige.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Nige. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Join in the chat, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 02-01-2020 at 08:37.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Welcome to AoS Nige,

If it's simplicity you're after, a good quality integrated with built in MC phono stage would help, depending on what equipment you're already using. Tell us a bit more about what you have.
    Simplicity could mean reducing the components in the signal path, or otherwise doing less to the signal, rather than reducing box count.

A point to point wired valve amp could be considered simpler than most SS designs except perhaps the most minimalist ones.

+ Reply to Thread