+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q Acoustics 3050i

I'm Andrew.

Default Q Acoustics 3050i

Hi Folks! I know a few people around here have, or used to have, the 3050i floorstanders from QA, but there isn't much that pops up with a quick search of the forums.

I am really curious what the experience is with regards to the low end on these speakers. They get glowing reviews pretty much everywhere, both from outlets and users, and I read one particular review that basically trashed the bass. They said it was overpower, muddled, and that the speakers were only good for home theater and not music. This was the only place I've seen this so it seems like a one off. Have others been put off by the bass in a similar way?

I'm steve.

I had a pair of the original 3050s for almost a year and found them to be very good speakers at their price point. From a pov of bass they do need some space around them to work at their best, something I unfortunately couldn’t give them in my room so they gave a bit too much bass for my taste, still tight and precise but just a little too heavy, using the port bungs worked better for me in my room. The midband through to the treble was excellent as was the imagery. On my recommendation a friend of mine bought the 3050i’s and I auditioned them in his rather larger living room, although a bit pricier than my 3050s I didn’t think they sounded any different. I eventually sold mine on and bought the QA Concept 40s which don’t have as much bass weight as the 3050s but they match my room a lot better, they are a good step up from the 3050s but considerably more expensive, but worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    I eventually sold mine on and bought the QA Concept 40s which don’t have as much bass weight as the 3050s but they match my room a lot better, they are a good step up from the 3050s but considerably more expensive, but worth every penny.
    I was thinking I would just go with the 40s if I was to pick up some QA speakers. They are super intriguing, but there are what look like a lot of other good options at the price bracket that the Concept 40s sit in.

I'm steve.

Default Q Acoustics 3050i

Quote Originally Posted by Octopoida42 View Post
    Thanks for that bit of info.

I was thinking I would just go with the 40s if I was to pick up some QA speakers. They are super intriguing, but there are what look like a lot of other good options at the price bracket that the Concept 40s sit in.
    If I were you and you can afford them the Concept 40s are the ones to go for, I’ve had lots of different speakers over the last 45 years or so and the Concept 40s are endgame as far as I’m concerned. If you go for any of the QA floorstanders don’t judge them until they’ve had about 80-100 hours as they break in very gradually.
    It’s a good time to buy 40s as they have been out several years they are getting discounted now, I paid £829 for mine 15 months ago but if you look round they can be had for just under £700 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm John.

There's a pair of QA C40s in White @£425 for sale in the Wam classifieds at the moment (prob page 3 or 4) sellers I'd is Jules_S

+ Reply to Thread