+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year Resolutions Hi-Fi wise...

I'm Grant.

Default New Year Resolutions Hi-Fi wise...

What is Yours? Are you changing anything, or Clearing the decks....

I would like to reduce my spare room count personally.. speakers, cd players, 2 amps, etc... then the tt and asscociated

Buying wise, not sure but do have another set of Nura earphones to come.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Deleted.

Finally finish building my blooming turntable!
    Account Deleted

I'm Robin.

Now that I have the new turntable, not thinking of changing anything, more to do with the law of diminishing returns with my listening room than anything else.
    If anything the integrated amp, could be upgraded to separate pre and power set up.
    The only certain purchase apart from more vinyl will be a RCM.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Geoff.

To not buy any more Hi-Fi (fat chance ).

To thin down surplus gear (in progress).

To finish the half dozen or so projects 'on the go'.

To send off for repair a couple of items.

To actually listen more and piss about with the system less.

To not listen to anybody else's opinion (oh..., I do that already )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Can't really think of anything I'd upgrade, I might invest in some kind of streamer but not that bothered.

Like you Grant I'd like to reduce the amount of 'spare' gear I have but it's worth so little I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of selling it.

I'm Dave.

Perhaps I'll resolve to not spend any more on kit this year. Will see.

I've still got several turntables to think about - what to do with them, and I found an Ortofon VMS 30E stylus yesterday, so I guess there's a cartridge somewhere about too - unless it got thrown out in the fairly massive clearout earlier this year. That wouldn't have been deliberate, but might have happened by accident.

Having looked at the lofts, I do wonder whether I could make a music room in at least one of them. That might be quite expensive, but I can cost it out for maybe not a lot. I'd want to have audio kit, plus probably electronic keyboards, mics etc up there, if I go ahead. It's a project which may not happen though, but it might be fun to speculate. I measured the most obvious usable area as around 375x480cm - before beams and other construction bits get in the way. Otherwise maybe empty the garage and use that instead. Probably none of these ideas will actually happen!

A friend of mine put a cinema room in his house - the project may still be on-going, but it's kept him busy for a year or more, and while it may not have reduced his bank balance much, he's spent thousands on it so far. If I were to do such a project the major part would probably be getting the loft conversions done. Maybe the fun is in the planning and doing, rather than the end result.
    Dave

I'm Justin.

Default Out with the old....

Clearing the decks!

I made a wrong choice or two 😬, hopefully I’ve learned a thing or two but it’s time to start afresh with new (new to me) amp, speakers, streamer and maybe cd transport.
    Yamaha NP-S303 / Audiolab 6000cdt
    NAD D1050 dac
    Creek Destiny 2
    PMC DB1 Gold / KEF LS50

I'm Paul.

I'm going back to surround sound but with LR preout to my beloved Amptastic mini 1 and still using my Klipsch Kg4.5 as fronts.

Means getting a centre, rears and height speakers of a different brand so how that will work out matching wise I don't know but all good fun and reversable if required.

Got a great deal on a flagship pioneer av receiver. RRP in 2014 £1200, bought yesterday for £280 v pleased with that deal.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm James.

To have a hifi system up and running
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Adrian.

Happy New Year to all on AOS.

Well I have reached a system that sounds good to my ears and seems to work well together across genres, so it is time to stop thinking about other bits of hifi that might improve it, but probably won't unless I spend lots of money which I can't. So 2020 resolution is to stick with what I have and just do minor tweaks with isolation and possibly the odd cable but that is it.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast