+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SME 301 Review

I'm Steve.

Angry

all these companies were started by men with a passion for what they built, quad,leak,garrard ect but when these people stopped working the companies that took over and did not realy care, look what happened when plessy took over garrard ...... not the best thing to happen to garrard . now that sme own the name we will gave to look further for spares and expect garrards to be produced that will be beyond what we could pay. a garrard made by sme....the east will go frantic

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Henry Jones View Post
    all these companies were started by men with a passion for what they built, quad,leak,garrard ect but when these people stopped working the companies that took over and did not realy care, look what happened when plessy took over garrard ...... not the best thing to happen to garrard . now that sme own the name we will gave to look further for spares and expect garrards to be produced that will be beyond what we could pay. a garrard made by sme....the east will go frantic
    Some will, but I have the impression that they will mostly want original items restored, not modern versions.
    Regards Neil

I'm Michael.

Alistair Robertson-Aikman is turning in his grave! SME will no longer supply their tonearms as separate products either. What is the business behind this?
    Customers maybe could afford a tonearm but not a turntable as well.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Some will, but I have the impression that they will mostly want original items restored, not modern versions.
    i hope your right neil, the name sme carries a lot of weight but now not for the right reasons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12