+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 inch TV deals - Recommendations

I'm Robert.

Default 40 inch TV deals - Recommendations

Hi

The Mrs is after a 40 inch tv. I'm not clued up on all the current must have techie stuf when it comes to tv's but:

- tv needs to be 40 inch with as much of that as possible being the screen itself as needs to fit in a particular space.
    - Slim as in minimal depth
    - good deals..........

Thanks
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

I would recommend one of the LG 4k models. The picture quality is very good and the operating system is excellent. My model has both satellite and tv inputs. There is a smart remote available that adds voice control. Only downside is that the Freesat guide takes a couple of seconds to load.

I'm Ian.

+1 for the LG TV's. I used to be a Samsung fan but my 50" tv developed, as it turns out, a very well known fault of purple splodges on the screen. Samsung are fully aware of the issue but refuse to help once the tv is out of warranty, mine is 3 years old. I was told by Samsung customer services that it would need a new screen as the LED array was failing but they no longer make that screen so it cannot be repaired. You'd imagine a company as huge as Samsung might offer some sort of good will gesture as this is a fault that has been reported globally.
    I've read many reviews on LG tellies and there seems very little on the negative side. Definitely be my next tv purchase.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

This is 43" but has very narrow bezels. I have the 49" model and I am very pleased with it. https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-43um750...titan/p4115212

A useful feature is that by plugging in a HDD or USB stick you can record from Freeview and Freesat

I'm Jon.

I bought the bigger version of this a few weeks ago..

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...91734-pdt.html

For ease of use, features and picture quality it’s fantastic and has a proper metal remote that not only looks nice, but accesses every function of the TV with ease..

The volume and channel buttons are actually rocker switches and its just a nice thing to use.
    Maybe a bit nerdy of me, but its the little things that count. Or so the wife keeps telling me.

I'm Mike.

I need a new TV, my old tube portable is crap, been meaning to buy one for ages but its even more complicated than buying hifi these days! I only want a smallish tv, but reviews of those suggest the quality is crap, I like the quality of the old tube tvs, never got any motion issues with those, or nasty pixellation.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

was looking at this one myself.. looks a good buy...https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

I will buy nothing else but Samsung. Last year i tried three different brands as i fancied a change from Samsung, Tried Toshiba, Sony & LG, none had a patch on Samsung so that what i buy.. Even the cheap ones are superb..

I'm Grant.

ive 2 samsung and 1 lg. the lg has best picture i'd say. they are all fairly old tho.. 8+ years
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    This is 43" but has very narrow bezels. I have the 49" model and I am very pleased with it. https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-43um750...titan/p4115212

A useful feature is that by plugging in a HDD or USB stick you can record from Freeview and Freesat
    Thanks for the link, just bought one, seems the smallest decent tv you can buy nowadays is 43".
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast