+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "A Exciting 18 Months of Research and Development has now Reached Fruition"

I'm jamie.

sound very exciting!
    once i have mine done,which should be soon id like to visit for your thought if i may.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm John.

Hi Jamie
    I offered another Member 'MikeandVan' from Brighton a invite earlier today, if he has a interest to travel with you on the day you wish to head across, it might make the Journey more interesting, travelling as a pair.
    My Room is now set up to make two individuals get the full benefit from the sweet spot.
    We can make a session of it, and I'll do lunch.
    It will also be off interest to put your More of a Vienna Mimic Cartridge rebuilt Ortofon K'b through my system, and compare it with my Vienna Mimic rebuilt K'b, as you are aware we have differing Stylus and Diamonds.

I'm jamie.

Cool I’m up for that, I’ll be in touch nearer completion of my tt,
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm John.

I have been wanting to write something about the impression being made by the New Phonostage,
    'which in my analogy' I am now calling the 'Seraphim', as I can't think of anything that can sing like this, with its fiery appearance, that is deserved of place close to God.
    Well that's the Honey Moon Period with the new romance spiel out on the table.

I would love to inform you of my initial thoughts but that will be another very long read, in a nutshell it has astounded my Wife, who has sat with me for multiple hours during the past week expressing a total enjoyment.

My Daughter who is my go to ears, has only said she is experiencing a Presentation and Sound Quality like there has never been before in our system.

But I have a better way to inform on how the 'Seraphim' leaves a impression.

Following is a mail I received this morning, as a result of a visit to my home yesterday, by a member of the Local HiFi Group to Audition my Home System for their first time.
    This Group Member has a long history in HiFi and has a vast knowledge of Valves and their Capabilities like few others possess.
    To receive such a response as is written, by such a individual, has had a massive emotional impact on myself.

Hi John,

Just a note to say thanks again for your kind hospitality yesterday. Also, for the meal and refreshments which were much appreciated..

Needless to say I was mightily impressed by your system.

The vinyl front-end is superlative and I think that the new phono stage will be close to impossible to top (until, you course, you get it re-valved !! ) Listening to nearfield stacked Quads was a first for me, with their 'giant headphone' resolution and immediacy but with the music mix taking place realistically just outside the listener's head instead of between the ears. With the Dave Brubeck 'Take 5' recording, I felt like I had been transported to the front row of a live concert You have performed a minor miracle in getting these speakers to perform as well as they do in a challenging room environment.

I was taken aback initially by the size of the 845 power monoblocks, which are much larger in real life than in the photos. Theo has done an excellent job with the design and manufacture of these amplifiers They give a mutli-faceted performance across the frequency spectrum with a big, luxuriant sound which I found very addictive. The introduction of Clive's recently completed Nutube as a substitute for your Slagle resulted in no perceptible loss of sound quality which is a compliment to its capabilities.

All in all, the session was a great way to start off the 2020 audio year. Thanks again for a hi-fi experience that will last in the memory

Best Regards

My Response to such a compliment as the above is, " Thank You".
    I knew the 'Seraphim' was special beyond my realisation, to have such a impact on another on their first audition, well that's a WOW ! moment.
    Last edited by JohnG; 03-01-2020 at 15:12.

I'm John.

Hi Adrian
    I have seen I have overlooked your kind comment.
    Thank you for looking in on the thread and taking the time required to read it through.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12