+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT with VTA: EasyVTA on lower end table or VPI Prime?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophile View Post
    After some lengthy deliberations, I will get a VPI Super Prime Scout with ADS and a Soundsmith MIMC Star cartridge going to a Vincent PHO 701 with a Brimar 12au7 tube. Should arrive next week :-)
    Any hints re adjusting the Soundsmith cartridge? I am pretty new to this so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Nice

If you are refering to the overall set up of the catridge, VPI provide a jig that is very easy to use.

You just need to exercise some care when aligning the cartridge. VPI have some useful set up guides on Youtube...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Daniel.

General set-up is not much of an issue, but the fine tuning is a different story, such as fine adjusting VTA and azimuth. As far as I understand, with the MIMC cartridge, adjusting azimuth for channel balance can result in very bad alignment. It seems that adjustments are mainly by ear, and I am concerned that I will adjust to what I am used to, rather than what the TT & cartridge are capable.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophile View Post
    After some lengthy deliberations, I will get a VPI Super Prime Scout with ADS and a Soundsmith MIMC Star cartridge going to a Vincent PHO 701 with a Brimar 12au7 tube. Should arrive next week :-)
    Any hints re adjusting the Soundsmith cartridge? I am pretty new to this so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Good choice of Cartridge, I have a friend who swears by his, and has great reviews. Happy listening.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12