+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kef 105 (mk1) restore

I'm Francesco.

Default Kef 105 (mk1) restore

Hallo,
    the restore of the kef 105 (mk1) has been performed in full respect of the original project without the application of any circuital variations.
    The restore consists (for both the couple):
    1. application by a specialized laboratory of the “kit” of capacitors provided by “falcon acustics”, and replacement of the connectors and wires
    https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/re...citor-set.html
    ..here the xover before and after.

2. check of every single driver with the production of the graphics of the impedance/frequency /phase.
    This the graphic of two B300 woofers for example….

3. assembly by laboratory and check of both the couple of loudspeakes. Production of graphics of impedance/frequency/phase.

4. then the aestetic restore for a better aspect of the cabinets (by myself). Here some photos during the work…
    before

during work

then reassembly
    at the cabinet of the first couple I provide the application of an adhesive film (3M production) by a photo typolithograph laboratory.

the cabinet of second couple is painted with epoxy paint

for the top of cabinets I have prepared 4 panels of black plexiglass (3 mm thickness).
    here at the end of work

The 105 mk1 don’t “shines” for the “punch” on low frequency or excels for the purity on high frequency but have a great dynamic equilibrium and short listening fatigue. I really love it.
    Francesco
    Last edited by Maidstone; 25-12-2019 at 21:02.
    Amplifiers/loudspeakers
    Pre Marantz SC11S1, Ampli stereo Marantz SM11S1 (x2 in bridge mono), Kef 105 (mk1) two couple in serial configuration (two left channel + two right channel).
    Analog section
    Turntable Michell Gyrodec mk5, Morsiani CM1 Tonearm, Benz Ace (low 0,4 mV) pick up, Aqvox CI2 phono stage.
    Digital section
    NAS Qnap (2x 4Tb hdd in raid configuration) - ethernet - ROUTER (dedicated) - ethernet - Raspberry/Allo Digione/Volumio - coax wire - North Star Design Impulso DAC - xlr wires to pre.
    Sony SACD/DVD/CD player DVP NS955V

I'm Rohan.

Beautiful work and dedication to what is still a fantastic loudspeaker. Congratulations!

I'm Francesco.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerGraaf View Post
    Beautiful work and dedication to what is still a fantastic loudspeaker. Congratulations!
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Good evening,
    I see in your "picture" that you love too these "historical" loudspeakers......
    Lot of work, but I've done with pleasure to return a new youth to some old british ladies.
    Francesco
    Last edited by Maidstone; 25-12-2019 at 21:32.
    Amplifiers/loudspeakers
    Pre Marantz SC11S1, Ampli stereo Marantz SM11S1 (x2 in bridge mono), Kef 105 (mk1) two couple in serial configuration (two left channel + two right channel).
    Analog section
    Turntable Michell Gyrodec mk5, Morsiani CM1 Tonearm, Benz Ace (low 0,4 mV) pick up, Aqvox CI2 phono stage.
    Digital section
    NAS Qnap (2x 4Tb hdd in raid configuration) - ethernet - ROUTER (dedicated) - ethernet - Raspberry/Allo Digione/Volumio - coax wire - North Star Design Impulso DAC - xlr wires to pre.
    Sony SACD/DVD/CD player DVP NS955V

I'm Dennis.

Surely there are better places to do the work than in the back of a van on Westminster bridge?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Surely there are better places to do the work than in the back of a van on Westminster bridge?
    Probably the last place you'd want to stop a van and start knocking together some boxes with loads of wires hanging out.

+ Reply to Thread