+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the Hana ML cartridge?

I'm Clive.

2 weeks ago I received an addition to my cartridge collection in the form of the pre mentioned Hana ML. I’m hugely impressed with it and after reading numerous reviews on it which I wholeheartedly agree with. 1 reviewer actually stating that this is a £3,000 - £4,000 cartridge for £995!!! I think that statement might be a bit poetic but I get the point, however I do think it betters the Ortofon Cadenza Black (£1850) which I previously owned but have now moved on.
    The Hana ML most certainly is up there with the best Japanese cartridges available past and present.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Mike.

I agree, I have one too, it really gives me the sound I'm after and having tried Zu Denon 103, Denon 103R, Kontrapunkt B, Shure 97xe, Ortofon 2m Blue and Black, ADC QLM III, Zyx R100 twice.

This Hana ML isn't going anywhere that's for sure.

I'm Rob.

Anyone compare the ML to the SL?

I have a Hana SL and an AudioTechnica OC9ML/II. Up until my latest phono amp upgrade, the Hana was edging it - that bit sharper and a little more exciting than the AudioTechnica. However, with my latest phono amp (a Audio Detail NV-06) the AudioTechnica is really singing and I'm loving it's sweet sound. At the moment I'm happy with my cartridges, but I'd be interested as to what the upgrade paths will be in the future.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Kevin.

An AT ART 7 or 9?

Cartridges are a personal choice and very system dependent.
    That is why I find it difficult to make a recommendation, and offer just a suggestion.

I had a Hana SL, and found it OK in my system. Will the ML suit me better? I have no idea.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Clive.

If you notice my signature, I have currently both the SL and ML. The ML is a worthwhile improvement with a smoother and more detailed top end that to my ears makes for a much nicer listen.
    I am thinking of moving the SL on as I also run a AT OC9XSH having sold my AT PTG/III.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Rob.

Thank you Clive. Something for my wishlist then
    Rob.