+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the Hana ML cartridge?

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Hi Rob, if you like the OC 9 ML 2, a safe upgrade is the Art 9.
    Thank you Graham. At the moment the OC 9 is singing beautifully in my system so I'll be sticking with that for a while. Art 9 can sit on the wish list for a year or two I think. Thanks for the discount information too. That's useful to know.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    That's what makes the world go round.

Excel Corp have been making cartridges for many other companies over the years and I believe they also make MC step-ups and accessories.
    They made the transfiguration cartridges amongst many many high end offerings, also part build some lyras, air tights etc. The two brands that are there own are Hannah and the High end Etsuro Brand which are truly remarkable beasts.

Here is an interesting Vid on excel featuring the master himself Okada San

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-BkVnWQgU&t=374s
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Dave.

Thanks for that.

How do they do all that in a 'shed' ?

I'm Nari.

Thanks for that.

How do they do all that in a 'shed' ?
    Very resourceful I presume, I use the top of the line Etsuro Gold while crazily priced it is the finest cartridge I have heard so far, they certainly no what they are doing. The Etsuro and Hannah lines have certainly boosted there profile I am sure this has had a knock off affect on OEM work.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    They made the transfiguration cartridges]
    Surely not the upper ones; maybe the Aria and similar but Phoenix through Proteus was hand-made by Transfig., a.f.a.I k.

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Surely not the upper ones; maybe the Aria and similar but Phoenix through Proteus was hand-made by Transfig., a.f.a.I k.
    No all were made by excel the last offering was the Proteus diamond

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    No all were made by Excel; the last offering was the Proteus Diamond
    Gosh! Didn't know of this model; I've just got the Proteus, which is lovely. If their cart's were made o.e.m., I wonder why Transfig. folded. The predecessor of the Proteus (name escapes me) stopped production on the death of the founder because only HE could make them, and later recommenced with the Proteus.

You can see why I'm confused, as this is the info. I was given by the dealer who sold it to me, among others.

I'm Nari.

From what I understand, the family own the name and they do not wish to continue with having the bodies made and the whole brand management etc. The bodies were supplied by transfiguration etc. There are only a handful of Japanese manufacturers out there, majority are manufactured by companies who supply OEM to there specifications.

To my ears excel sounds own Etsuro brand is way ahead of transfiguration in any case and many transfiguration owners have gone this route.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Gosh! Didn't know of this model; I've just got the Proteus, which is lovely. If their cart's were made o.e.m., I wonder why Transfig. folded. The predecessor of the Proteus (name escapes me) stopped production on the death of the founder because only HE could make them, and later recommenced with the Proteus.

You can see why I'm confused, as this is the info. I was given by the dealer who sold it to me, among others.
    Typical high-end MC 'myth'. Only the ancient designer is able to craft that particular cartridge.

I'm Mike.

Typical high-end MC 'myth'. Only the ancient designer is able to craft that particular cartridge.
    This is presumably a Proteus with diamond cantilever, not that I've heard of one (unlike the Koetsus which have been going for some time). By 'myth', d'you mean it didn't exist or was a very rare bespoke item, Dave?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast