+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the Hana ML cartridge?

I'm Stephen.

Default Any opinions on the Hana ML cartridge?

Santa is going to fund a new cartridge and I am contemplating one of these.
    Online reviews seem universally positive but reading them I wonder whether it might be just a tad too "big and bold" and the Hana SL a more "refined" choice.

FWIW I very much like the presentation of the AT-33PTG/II although it can be a bit polite on occasion.

It will be fed into a Tom Evans Microgroove plus and Croft 25RSLS line stage on a Jelco TK 850s.

I'd welcome comments from anyone who has experienced this cartridge as there is no way I'll be able to get to listen to one prior to purchase.

Happy Christmas and a safe and peaceful New Year to all on AoS

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm John.

I have a Hana SL that is now stored as a back up cartridge along side a few others.
    I sat tight for approx, one year from the main UK talk about it, and eventually purchased one for £400 with about 100 hours on it as a Demo.
    There may be in the near future, a option on the ML to be purchased from a similar method.
    You will be sure to get much, if not all your money returned, if it does not suit your ears.

I'm Geoff.

For me, Hana is a brand that suddenly got a lot of attention within the community and it spread quickly. I have heard several and just think they're okay but better can be had from AT and Denon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    . I have heard several and just think they're okay but better can be had from AT and Denon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks that’s very interesting and helpful. MC wise I have an AT 33PTG/II and a Paradox Pulse Denon 103R so your comments are relevant to me.
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Thanks that’s very interesting and helpful. MC wise I have an AT 33PTG/II and a Paradox Pulse Denon 103R so your comments are relevant to me.
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Steve,

I replaced my AT 33PTG/II with a Hana SL and prefer the Hana in every area. It is similar sounding, just a bit more dynamic, without losing any of its finesse.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Mike.

Double post

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Hi Steve,

I replaced my AT 33PTG/II with a Hana SL and prefer the Hana in every area. It is similar sounding, just a bit more dynamic, without losing any of its finesse.
    Thank you Mike. Don't suppose you got to hear the Hana ML alongside your SL did you?
    Always a little further

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Thank you Mike. Don't suppose you got to hear the Hana ML alongside your SL did you?
    I'm afraid I didn't Steve, although I have heard the ML a few times (not in my system though, so not an ideal comparison) and thought it was very good (better ?). My friends that have traded up from the SL to the ML have been pleased.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    I'm afraid I didn't Steve, although I have heard the ML a few times (not in my system though, so not an ideal comparison) and thought it was very good (better ?). My friends that have traded up from the SL to the ML have been pleased.
    Thanks very much Mike - that's really helpful.
    Always a little further

I'm Tony.

I replaced an Ortofon Quintet Bronze with a Hana ML a while back and it was a big step up in my system...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast