+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

I'm Andrew.

Default Hello!

I stumbled upon this forum the a few days ago and thought I would stick around. I am relatively new to the audiophile world and have a very basic entry level setup. A number of years back I picked up a used H/K 3490 A/V receiver that has served me pretty well. I run optical to it from my computer and have it paired with a set of the Andre Jones Pioneer SB-BS22 bookshelf speakers. I also have a Schiit Magni 2 running from the H/K that runs a set of ZMF classic planar cans. All of my music playing is via my computer from either CD rips or Spotify premium.

I am currently exploring upgrade paths. Looking to move to a proper hifi integrated amp and some floorstanders.

As with many, I listen to a wide range of music. The bulk is prog and metal (Tool, Opeth, Agalloch, Mastodon to name a few) and the last few years I've been exploring metal from artists all over the world (lots of good stuff out there!). As a former classically trained musician I do enjoy the classical world (older composers like Bruckner, Wagner, Saint-Saens and more modern stuff like Arvo Part, Gorecki, Yo-Yo Ma and many more) and a fair bit of classical guitar like Segovia.

-Andrew

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andrew,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread