+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't find it!

I'm Geoff.

Default Can't find it!

I've got a house full of electrical and Hi-Fi bits, but half the time I can't find what I'm looking for. I need capacitors to try out a set of recently arrived tweeters. I know I've got hundreds of the bleedin' things, but can't find a single one!

It was the same when I wanted some Van Damme interconnect cable the other week. I've got about twenty metres tucked away, but no trace!

Anybody else got stuff that hides from you?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

All the time....it drives me mad! I end up buying some of the stuff I can't find and end up.......yup you've guessed it.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I end up buying some of the stuff I can't find and end up.......yup you've guessed it.
    Yup. I do that too and sometimes find what I'd been needing when I put away any left over of what I'd bought!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

I did just find a pack of four vintage style wood speaker feet whilst rummaging. Only thing is, there should be two packs and the other is nowhere to be seen. Bloody typical.

I'm Timothy.

I sold my house and moved into an apartment last May. Best thing I ever did. Got rid of tons of stuff, down sized hugely, now what little I really need, is easily gotten to, no fussing around, and I feel better for it. Radical, yes, and obviously not everyone’s solution to finding those little bits stored away! Ahhh well. I got nothing else.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Alan.

It's happening too often Geoff. i know I have had a 10m Ethernet lead but can't find it. Bought another now.

I'm Grant.

its called old age ... Why, I Go In And Out Of Comas All The… Zzzzz
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Not being able to find things is a way of life for me but a variation on this theme is not being able to find the right number of things. Three screws when I need four, two footers when I need three etc - that's even more frustrating somehow.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its called old age ... Why, I Go In And Out Of Comas All The… Zzzzz
    OK Grandpa.............Oh, hang on. You're younger than me!

I'm Shane.

Geoff, I can still remember seeing a large ball of bubble wrapping in your listening room. Do you still have it?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast