+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 383 Back From Repair

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default 383 Back From Repair

Well the 383 is now back from repair... it cost a total of £840

It was £480 to fix the crackle and selector knob problem and £360 for recommended reliability upgrades, however the £480 was paid for by the seller. All parts ordered from ML USA so took a few weeks

I've just got it back in the system and now using the Atlas Elektra XLR's purchased from Vince.... loving it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Robert.

Back in action Bev, nice one !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Back in action Bev, nice one !
    Thanks Robert.. I've so missed my toons... luckily the 383 is as good as I remember it. which is nice..

I'm just wondering if all the new bits would need running in. ..they replaced 20+ resistors/capacitors.. they included all the old ones with the amp and there's a bag full
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Robert.

Yeah, When Angus sorted my Sansui 919, same thing, literally everything got done, upgraded etc, including re-capping.

I remember he gave a me clear plastic bag of all the untold old bit, as a token
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Yeah, When Angus sorted my Sansui 919, same thing, literally everything got done, upgraded etc, including re-capping.

I remember he gave a me clear plastic bag of all the untold old bit, as a token
    So do you think there is a running in period for the new bits Robert ? The 383 sounds just fine but was wondering
    Bev

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    So do you think there is a running in period for the new bits Robert ? The 383 sounds just fine but was wondering
    I'd say so Bev, As with these things, there'll be a 'burn in/ settling' period, so get some hours on and see.

Some people dont believe in it, pretty much like some folk don't believe in cables, interconnects making a difference etc but hey ho.

Another thing is all these little bits inside also have a bit of 'sound' of their own, hence some people get into using particular and different types of resistors and electronics bits ie: Nichicon etc

Either way, any difference can be fairly subtle sometimes and not obvious to some ears
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'd say so Bev, As with these things, there'll be a 'burn in/ settling' period, so get some hours on and see.

Some people dont believe in it, pretty much like some folk don't believe in cables, interconnects making a difference etc but hey ho.

Another thing is all these little bits inside also have a bit of 'sound' of their own, hence some people get into using particular and different types of resistors and electronics bits ie: Nichicon etc

Either way, any difference can be fairly subtle sometimes and not obvious to some ears
    Great thanks Robert that was my thoughts as well

All the bits were from ML US so a match for the old parts I guess

It's been so long that to be honest I forgot how the 383 'sounded' but I'm pleased that it sounds amazing as it is, maybe better now I'm using the XLR's, I was using pretty cheap phono's before it went for repair. I really like how secure the XLR's seem to be too
    Bev

I'm Neil.

Nice to see you back Bev, sorry to hear the ML caused you some problems. Glad its sorted out now.
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Nice to see you back Bev, sorry to hear the ML caused you some problems. Glad its sorted out now.
    Thanks Neil, it's good to be back..

I actually don't mind that the ML gave me some problems as I am seeing it as a keeper, so any upgrades etc is a bonus.. a rather expensive bonus mind...
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Nice that a big chunk of the cost was borne by the seller though The ML should be pretty bomb proof for many years now, fingers crossed.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast