+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitting Nima tonearm

I'm Mike.

Default Fitting Nima tonearm

Just got my TT back from NAS, they fitted the Nima collar into the armboard for me, this Nima feels flimsy as hell! Anyway, I don't have a alignment gauge for the Nima, how do I fit it correctly? Or do I just use a rega one? Must be somewhere you can download these, I wanna hear my new tonearm asap!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Set ups on you tube I think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Karl.

Rega one will be fine as its the same geometry. One thing i found helped the nima lots was the tiger paw skale counterweight. It brought improvements to the sound quality but also having the weight closer to the pivot helped to make it feel sturdier. Its a very fine arm. Add a yannis tome cable to the party over the stock one and its a force to be reckoned with. I loved mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Jonathan.

Roksan supply a setup template for setting the overhang and the specs/setup guide are on their website. It is easy to set up but my shaky hands make handling the ‘wobbly’ arm fun!

I'm Mike.

Wonder how the tonearm headshell with its slanted cart setting affects alignment?

IMG_20191222_000854860 by Mike Van, on Flickr
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Rega one will be fine as its the same geometry. One thing i found helped the nima lots was the tiger paw skale counterweight. It brought improvements to the sound quality but also having the weight closer to the pivot helped to make it feel sturdier. Its a very fine arm. Add a yannis tome cable to the party over the stock one and its a force to be reckoned with. I loved mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got a Yannis on the way! (coppercord, £60).

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Wonder how the tonearm headshell with its slanted cart setting affects alignment?

IMG_20191222_000854860 by Mike Van, on Flickr
    Same as if the headshell itself was offset, one or the other....

I had never seen a Nima headshell before this thread. I don´t remember reading any criticism for using acrylic in such a vital position whereas using it for a sub-chassis received no end of hoots in its day and in general most seem to think acrylic is a no-no, cold and steriñle sounding when compared to more generally used ( and supposedly) expensive and difficult to machine materials.
    Makes you think.
    While very grateful to many forum comments which have helped me no end over the years, I tend to switch off when it comes to trying to understand justification for things via amateur engineering classes. I reckon the most truly useful suggestion in hi-fi is "go ahead, suck it and see" - you never know.

I'm Mike.

The lovely people at Monitor audio sent me a free protractor for the Nima. How the hell do I use it?

2020-01-14_11-36-33 by Mike Van, on Flickr

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast