+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitting Nima tonearm

I'm Mike.

Wires all twisted around the pillar. Can this be fixed? Doesn't look like it can be accessed.
    IMG_20200119_201550951 by Mike Van, on Flickr
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Can the bearing hub not be counter rotated to 'unwind' the wires?
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Can the bearing hub not be counter rotated to 'unwind' the wires?
    Nah, tried that, hard to know which way the wires go, heard some straining on the wires too, I've buggered it for sure.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Nah, tried that, hard to know which way the wires go, heard some straining on the wires too, I've buggered it for sure.
    Contact Roksan, and get their help. https://www.roksan.com/

https://www.roksan.com/en/support/contact-us/
    Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Thanks.

I'm Pavel.

This looks like a proper audiophile device to me: meticulously designed to make your life as hard as possible.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    This looks like a proper audiophile device to me: meticulously designed to make your life as hard as possible.
    It just seems like typical British cheapo engineering. It may sound good, may'be I'll never know!!

I'm Karl.

Oh no! Sorry to see this. Can you send it to J7 to have a look at? He rewires them so must be able to take it apart to fix. I know they feel a bit lightweight but i found them pretty easy to setup and once dialled in they sound very very good for their price point. A rewire and TP skale takes it into the bigboy leagues. Dont give up on it. I can get you some pictures of the setup manual if you need them? I sold mine to the father in law who has the bits still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Oh no! Sorry to see this. Can you send it to J7 to have a look at? He rewires them so must be able to take it apart to fix. I know they feel a bit lightweight but i found them pretty easy to setup and once dialled in they sound very very good for their price point. A rewire and TP skale takes it into the bigboy leagues. Dont give up on it. I can get you some pictures of the setup manual if you need them? I sold mine to the father in law who has the bits still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, at least it can be fixed, but a £100 for being clumsy is hard to swallow, plus p&p, still, my own fault.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Well, at least it can be fixed, but a £100 for being clumsy is hard to swallow, plus p&p, still, my own fault.
    Sorry to read about your mishap, at least it can be fixed and then you will be off to musical heaven.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast