+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uptone audio Etherregen review

I'm Martin.

The thing about psychological bias is that it is unconscious. Just because you think it is going to do nothing doesn't mean you are pre-disposed to hear nothing. Thinking it will do nothing is conscious bias, not the same thing.

So there's plenty of reports saying 'I don't except to hear any difference but I was shocked.'

Likewise when you try something full of expectation for the improvements it is going to bring and it actually sounds worse to you. Hoping/expecting it to sound good didn't change a thing.

You can't consciously decide what impression to have. Otherwise we would all just use cheap Amstrad midi-systems and be well happy.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Conscious bias are typically stronger than unconscious ones.

Measurements have limitations. Theres all sorts of stuff you cant measure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

Pretty much sums ups the situation well DP, whether the this device, cables, supports or mains devices back to the age old bias's on either side.
    However your thoughts sum up a great many users feelings even those that do not post on the US forum AS.

Every part of the incoming data Ethernet data stream to the actual playback unit is important imho
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123