+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS. Alphason HRS100Smcs

I'm Tim.

Default FS. Alphason HRS100Smcs

For Sale is my Alphason HRS100Smcs.
    I’ve ended up with two of these and only ever having used one at any one time I think it’s time for someone else to enjoy it.
    It’s in brilliant condition and has benefitted from a Audio Origami rewire from Cartridge to RCA’s
    Looks great and sound fabulous.
    I’ve got a nice sponge padded box so it can posted safely.
    £550 + £10 for posting
    (Only the tonearm for sale turntable is not included)

I'm jamie.

is this my old arm? if so its a cracker!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Tim.

I bought it on AOS so it probably is.

I'm Carl.

what's is it rewired with? Still silver wire in it?

I'm Tim.

As far as I’m aware the rewire is Cardas. High Quality job as always done at Audio Origami
    My second Alphason has Silver wire I can’t tell difference between them.

I'm Nari.

I personally prefer cardas to the mms150 used in the alphason arms in the Mcs version. What is the external cable
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Tim.

Standard AO external cable which is SOFC (silver and ofc copper cocktail) with separate earth wire.

I'm Tim.

Bump

I'm Tim.

Vinyl engine info
    Description

Over seven years professional design and development, including computer aided structural and vibrational analysis, together with top quality materials and precision construction, goes into making this the worlds best sounding tonearm.

Not only have basic parameters of tracking error, bearing friction and effective mass been catered for, but also such advanced scientific details as rigidity, resonances, energy paths and structural damping have been analytically optimised.

The Alphason HR100S is a most unusual arm. An ultra-strong, one-piece titanium casting forms the arm-tube and head shell; tool-grade steel is used for the gimbal-bearing housing and ultra-tough ceramic for the bearings themselves.

Specifications

Effective length: 229mm

Mounting distance: 211mm

Overhang: 18mm

Effective mass: 11g

Review

The HR100 impressed us strongly by it's neutral and tonally balanced performance. Treble was detailed and precisely located and yet free of edge or grain. The mid-range gave excellent rendition of vocal lines while bass was firm, extended and detailed. Stereo was exceptional with precise positioning and fine depth and ambience - £300 HiFi Choice 1983

I'm Tim.

As far as I’m aware the rewire is Cardas. High Quality job as always done at Audio Origami
    My second Alphason has Silver wire I can’t tell difference between them.
    External wire is Standard AO external cable which is SOFC (silver and ofc copper cocktail) with separate earth wire.
    Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast