+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagaoka MP200 or refurb LDN Decca Maroon?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's a lot off rumour mongering about Deccas, take it with a pinch of salt!

I've owned eleven Decca cartridges and never had any more mistracking than could be expected with other cartridge types. Carefully set up in a suitable arm they track well. I've not had reliablity issues either.
    Not rumour mongering Geoff - Fact!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Not rumour mongering Geoff - Fact!
    You misunderstood the context of my post James. I wasn't replying to you, I was typing my thoughts as you posted and hadn't seen yours. The rumour mongering goes on, people repeating what they've read or heard with no actual knowledge of the product. There's a lot of it and not just applying to Deccas.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You misunderstood the context of my post James. I wasn't replying to you, I was typing my thoughts as you posted and hadn't seen yours. The rumour mongering goes on, people repeating what they've read or heard with no actual knowledge of the product. There's a lot of it and not just applying to Deccas.
    No problem Geoff. I mistook your comments as a reply to my own. Sorry.

I am quite often annoyed by rumours about equipment as it has always been a common trait in the HiFI world.Often put about by HiFi dealers who want to sell their particular equipment and therefore rubbish the competition.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Louis.

My experience indicates mistracking is an arm-Decca mismatch issue. I certainly had tracking problems with mine until I found the right heavier arm. I have read accounts of folks who use Deccas in lighter arms (Graham) but it did not work for me. As to misinformation, that's one of the many unforseen virtues of the cyber sea.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
    My experience indicates mistracking is an arm-Decca mismatch issue. I certainly had tracking problems with mine until I found the right heavier arm. I have read accounts of folks who use Deccas in lighter arms (Graham) but it did not work for me. As to misinformation, that's one of the many unforseen virtues of the cyber sea.
    Damping certainly helps but if you got the wrong arm there can be issues as I found out. I was using a VPI Unipivot 9T Tonearm which had damping but the Decca was never 100% happy in this arm and the cartridge mistracked occasionally on certain records.

I'm Claire.

Thanks all for your thoughts, I think the almost unanimous opinion is to get the Decca sorted and give it a whirl. The Nagaoka will be plan B if the Decca doesn’t work out for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12