+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS. Kef Cara Speakers + Telefunkens

I'm Grant.

Default FS. Kef Cara Speakers + Telefunkens

Up for sale are my nice Cara's. very tidy and all worky. Not gonna get used now I have the Eddys, as I still have 2 pairs of telefunkens too.
    I was keeping these as i liked them. Efficient at 90db, 8 ohm 2 way speakers. new grill covers fitted by Paul a few years ago.

info from Kef..

System Type: Two-way, stand-mount/floor standing
    Enclosure type: Passive radiator
    Size: 600 x 247 x 230mm (23.6 x 9.7 x 9.1 inches)
    Weight: 7.9kg (17.3 lb)
    Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
    Rated maximum power: 100 programme
    Frequency response: 70Hz to 20kHz +/-3.0dB at 2m on design axis (-6dB at 55Hz)
    Sensitivity: 90dB for a pink noise input of 2.83V (anechoic conditions)
    Maximum output: 110dB on programme peaks under typical listening conditions
    Finish: Simulated Black Ash Veneer
    Grille: Open effect knitted textile
    System: SP3076
    Drive units: B200 bass unit (SP1193), BD200 passive radiator (SP1185), T33 tweeter (SP1192)
    Crossover: SP2085

2 older pics in system.

Some currents.

I have these stands in pic too and buyer can have them if they want for £30
    Speaker Price £100
    Both COLLECTION ONLY.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bump for a good set of cheap speakers..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

strange, but no interest at all.. oh well i will forget it..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

They're nice speakers for the money Grant. Somebody will want them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

No offence Grant but I'd give it a bit longer than 3 days.

I'm Grant.

How was 5 days Roy? Lol

OK, £80 for speakers.. One and only drop...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Bit of a bargain Grant but collection only is limiting your chances imo.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Bit of a bargain Grant but collection only is limiting your chances imo.
    yup, but im not able to do much with them postage wise. i will maybe stick them on gumtree. cheers for input
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rebump this... £80 including stands..

need to clear
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

'Caras' are a mid 80's speaker, they are actually thin on the ground, I think they used an ABR speaker so are obviously a 2 Way jobbie. Not heard them but KEF made some good sounding speakers in the 80's..
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 22-02-2020 at 16:59.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast