Closed Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm Geoff.

Mike, comparing a white guy getting tooled up with a Pakistani man wearing robes is a dubious comparison, in the extreme! The term 'coloured' is no longer used.

I wish we could accept that we are the human race and we inhabit planet earth. I want to feel that I can travel and live anywhere I wish. I want to feel other cultures and experience difference and I then have to allow that in others.

My perspective will be considered Utopian nonsense by many but we have to aspire to something; our time on this land is short. One thing that is true is that we have to be able to discuss.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mike.

Well it didn’t take long, less than 24 hours after the election

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...-lbc-1-6425258

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Well it didn’t take long, less than 24 hours after the election

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...-lbc-1-6425258

There has also been some back tracking on the nursing promise.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    Mike, comparing a white guy getting tooled up with a Pakistani man wearing robes is a dubious comparison, in the extreme! The term 'coloured' is no longer used.

I wish we could accept that we are the human race and we inhabit planet earth. I want to feel that I can travel and live anywhere I wish. I want to feel other cultures and experience difference and I then have to allow that in others.

My perspective will be considered Utopian nonsense by many but we have to aspire to something; our time on this land is short. One thing that is true is that we have to be able to discuss.
    It wasn't so much an equivalence, just reasons why I didn't want to live in those areas. Travelling is one thing, being swamped by an alien culture is another. Multiculturalism is a lie, these cultures don't integrate, why should they? They have completely different ways, Europeans don't, we are basically modern and progressive.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    There has also been some back tracking on the nursing promise.
    well you didnt think Boris and co would actually tell the truth
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

They don't have completely different ways: some aspects of our cultures are similar and there are some differences; it depends on which aspect you choose to focus on. Aspects of each culture is progressive. We could certainly argue that this conversation is one between the progressive and the status quo.

We need to listen and learn from opposing cultures and opposing views or condemn ourselves, as a species, to war, pollution and poverty.

I'm Jo.

Default Order please!

Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post

More recently there was a referendum to leave Europe and it was to leave.

Gentle point of order: The vote was on whether or not the UK left the European Union, not Europe. The former is a capitalist institution of 27 states, the latter is a continent comprising a minimum of, I think, 44 states, or parts thereof.

The terms 'EU' and 'Europe' are not synonyms any more than the 'USA' and 'America' are.
    Last edited by Landloper; 15-12-2019 at 15:09.

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That depends on which biased/manipulated set of statistics you've read best supports your belief system

Marco.
    Agreed, Marco. Plus the whole fizz about is-Scotland-a-burdern-to England-or-is-England-a burden-to-Scotland? is of no consequence. Freedom is a good in itself and to be desired quite apart from any concerns about will I be personally better off in the union or out of it. What kind of a person would turn their back on their nation's freedom because they might be better of under some other nation's set up anyway?

I'm Grant.

I was always a remainer but recently changed my standpoint a bit as European attitudes and desires for the EU have become offensive to freedoms.
    I think we will be a better nation out of the sleeze and super state ambitions of the German/French led EU. It saddens me but thats how it appears to me.
    The EU, was a common trading block, and not supposed to be a superstate with armies etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was always a remainer but recently changed my standpoint a bit as European attitudes and desires for the EU have become offensive to freedoms.
    I think we will be a better nation out of the sleeze and super state ambitions of the German/French led EU. It saddens me but thats how it appears to me.
    The EU, was a common trading block, and not supposed to be a superstate with armies etc
    More or less my opinion.

I was (marginally) in favour of remaining. I've changed my view. We'll no doubt have difficulties sorting out our trading with the (remaining) EU, but we'll get it done. I just hope the capitalists don't take the piss (slim hope ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast