Closed Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Excellent post Rob.

Johnson's "deal" with the EU rolls back all the employment safeguards introduced by the EU, to the great benefit of employers. It will also allow for the dilution of food standards and labelling.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

The trouble with Brexit and immigration is that no one takes peoples concerns about it seriously. The influx of Eastern Europeans had a massive effect on tradesman and the construction industry, come the downturn, which cyclically will occur, there will be a lot more surplus labour on the market. Though culturally,Eastern and other Europeans integrate with us native Brits far better than other cultures do.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Leaving the EU

But lastly I think they suffered from not having a clear simple policy. Their offering was too complicated and lacked focus. They had nothing to compare to the simple "Let's get brexit done".
    This election was called because of the Brexit impasse, 'Lets get Brexit done' was entirely in keeping with the spirit of this election, which was basically a 2nd referendum. Labour lost because they were seen as the Momentum party, a coterie of middle class academic leftist virtue signallers par excellence. How could they possibly connect with working class voters? In fact I'm amazed they got 200 odd seats, just goes to show how lacklustre the Tories are to consider voting for such a ridiculous party as Momentum, sorry Labour. Austerity was a shit idea, sometimes economies need serious state intervention to prop themselves up. The Tories are going to do badly I fear, for the country I mean, I see no vision, no ideas. You are bang on about legal aid cuts, this should be more publicised, we are having our basic rights taken away from us. One thing that does get me though is the rise in homelessness, I see this as the rise in uselessness, that is more and more people have become too dependent on the state and cannot provide the basics for themselves. Let's face it, even though some jobs are 0 hours contracts, immigrants come here, work bloody hard, and just get on with it, meanwhile a growing band of cretinous Brits whinge on about how the state doesn't provide everything for them. Mind you the Tories helped create this dependent class back in the 80s by encouraging unemployed to sign on the sick, to massage the unemployment figures, they really are cunts. I live in Brighton, the streets here are full of beggars all pretending to be homeless, fact is none of them are, they are just drug addicts or 'new age traveller types' who I have little sympathy for. So if you were to visit Brighton you might say -ooh, terrible homeless problem there, but you'd be wrong. We do have some homeless, but they don't beg, they just hide away and can perhaps be spotted at night.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Not able to view PFM as I was long ago banned for not being quite as Liberal as they are, but they must be having kittens over there at the thought of 'FIVE MORE YEARS OF FASCIST TORIES', ha ha.

I'm Geoff.

I find the triumphalism and name calling boorish and enlightening at the same time. It shows, if nothing else, that we are as divided a society as we have ever been. I grew up in and have spent most of my life in what would be called working class communities, including places that have switched their allegiances in this election to a party that would have been unfathomable only a decade ago. We have become a nation split on the Brexit divide and more and more communities have switched to the leave campaign, believing that leaving the EU will allow Britain to control its own destiny. It will, so the question then is only which party will control Britain's destiny in a way that serves the population of the UK in the best way possible.

My family has been split down the middle. In fact, it hasn't as I am the only one in my entire family who does not support the will of the people. I am dismayed when I speak to my family of former coal miners and my former shop-steward father. I am dismayed that they would seek to ride on the Brexit bus when we are a family of Irish immigrants who fled poverty and famine for a new life in England. I do not ignore their concerns - they believe that they cannot get an appointment at their GP because of immigration and they believe that the record numbers of homeless are because of immigration and that road journeys have become intolerably busy because of immigration. Meanwhile, in a world they describe as nonsense, I suggest to them that not building any affordable housing, despite a manifesto promise, is a part of the homelessness plight. When I say that the NHS and schools have seen declining budgets for a decade they say that the previous Labour government are to blame, as they do when I remind them of a doubling of National debt over the last decade. And when I ask why my family who have moved for a better life to Tenerife are ex-pats and not immigrants, and that we will need to deal with the 5.5m UK nationals who live abroad, they say I shouldn't criticise my cousin.

I only hope that it is I who is proven wrong because if I am right, Moss Side where I grew up is doomed. Burnley, where I worked for five years and which is now Conservative for the first time in living memory, is doomed. If I am wrong, the steel works of South Yorkshire and the North East will grind into action once more as we can independently control what we do.
    Last edited by oldius; 15-12-2019 at 10:06.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    culturally,Eastern and other Europeans integrate with us native Brits far better than other cultures do.
    Really? Speak to the police about that. Oh, I forgot, they're gagged and not permitted to comment about the huge amount of crime they deal with that involves the aforementioned.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In terms of Corbyn though, don't discount the effect of the (mostly Jewish owned and controlled media)
    Really? The Daily Telegraph is owned by the Catholic Barclay twins, the Daily Mail by the Harmsworth family (CofE AFAIK, and they backed fascism pre-WW2), the BBC and Channel 4 are publicly-owned, the FT is owned by a Japanese company, News International is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is of Scottish and Irish descent. So what evidence is there of the media being 'mostly Jewish owned and controlled'?

I'm Gary.

I'm gone.

Ah well, that's me done with AOS.

That's a shame, it's been fun.

Bye.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Really? The Daily Telegraph is owned by the Catholic Barclay twins, the Daily Mail by the Harmsworth family (CofE AFAIK, and they backed fascism pre-WW2), the BBC and Channel 4 are publicly-owned, the FT is owned by a Japanese company, News International is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is of Scottish and Irish descent. So what evidence is there of the media being 'mostly Jewish owned and controlled'?
    You are correct Joe; the issue is not the religion of the owners of the media. The issue is that they are generally registered offshore so that, like a host of major corporations, they pay little or no tax. They are also a massive influence on British politics and, for me, the two do not go hand in hand. To influence British politics in such a way, you should be contributing fiscally to the UK economy, significantly.

As for the comments about antisemitism, they have been used to repeatedly smear Jeremy Corbyn. This is true whether you believe that he is antisemitic or you don't. It has been a major weapon against him and any evidence to the contrary has been ignored by the British media. The great Noam Chomsky has declared antisemitism to be completely untrue with respect to Corbyn and a creation of the right wing media. The chief rabbi has weighed into the debate recently but was then found to be a personal friend of Boris Johnson so he disappeared from view as soon as this was picked up.

Religions are not to blame but have been used by those who wish to damage reputations.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast