Closed Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    Speaking of London, what were the results there?
    Inner London mostly Labour, outer London mostly Tory. One of the few Labour gains was in London.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Unadulterated claptrap - Britain was taken into the Common Market by the Tories.

Basic history lessons for you young chap:

"Sir Edward Richard George "Ted" Heath KG MBE (9 July 1916 – 17 July 2005) was a British politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1970 to 1974 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1965 to 1975. Heath served 51 years as a Member of Parliament from 1950 to 2001. He was a strong supporter of the European Communities (EC), and after winning the decisive vote in the House of Commons by 336 to 244, he led the negotiations that culminated in Britain's entry into the EC on 1 January 1973. It was, says biographer John Campbell, "Heath's finest hour".[1] "
    Wikipedia
    Not only that, but back then, the 'Brexiteers' were mainly left-wing Labour MPs (Michael Foot, Tony Benn etc). Jeremy Corbyn's wishy-washy attitude to our membership of the EU stems from that background.

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Inner London mostly Labour, outer London mostly Tory. One of the few Labour gains was in London.
    Thanks, as expected. London was remain near 60%.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    For some reason English people with similar views are narrow minded racists. At least that's how things are depicted by other narrow minded racists that pretend to something else
    That's because England (or rather London and the home counties) have largely had it their own way since parliamentary rule began in England, and thus have benefited most from political policies created, through Westminster control, and decisions taken by successive governments to prioritise English interests above those of the other countries making up the UK, and so unlike, say the Scots, have nothing to 'escape from'...

Seeking fairness and equality, and wanting to divorce themselves from unfair and unjust Westminster rule, is what largely drives Scottish nationalism and the desire for independence. When you've been downtrodden and treated like second-class citizens for centuries by the *English* Westminster system, and now have the chance to escape and be in control of your own destiny, then it's only natural to want to take it!

There is nothing racist or bigoted about that. However, some aspects of English nationalism, which is founded upon something quite different (often bigoted colonialism), is abhorrent and rightly loathed by those who've suffered at the hands of it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hibster_2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    No, I am sole proprietor.

El Capitain,

Mon ami!
    I have looked at the forum.
    It is a ProBoards forum, so ProBoards own it. Every user on there owns their data, so ProBoards cannot be held liable for any of the content posted. You will never own it, nor will you be able to transfer the data elsewhere.

Just google it and you will see.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    It is a ProBoards forum, so ProBoards own it. Every user on there owns their data, so ProBoards cannot be held liable for any of the content posted. You will never own it, nor will you be able to transfer the data elsewhere.

Just google it and you will see.
    Amusingly, I'm banned from there. Which is a first, though I was banned from here for a week for posting a link to a Monty Python sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Indeed... If Ollie wants to own a forum and all its stored data, he'll have to put his hand in his pocket and do what I've done

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm M.

I think you will find if you care to look it up,that more money from the national economy per capita head is given to Scotland than anywhere else in the UK.

I'm joe.

Personally, I think we'd be (much) better off as a United Kingdom and as part of the EU. Looks like Boris and co will ensure that in a few years time we will be neither. What worries me most is Northern Ireland, where a modus vivendi was arrived at, after decades of sectarian violence, and which is now at risk because of Brexit. The arrogant, self-centred attitude of many English people toward the rest of the UK is one of our least attractive features.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The arrogant, self-centred attitude of many English people toward the rest of the UK is one of our least attractive features.
    SPOT ON!

And it says something for you, being English, that you're able to recognise and acknowledge it. It's what *irks* the Scots, Welsh and Irish like you wouldn't believe, and has been instrumental in creating the divided country we live in....

But I'd say that the vast majority of said arrogance and self-centredness comes from the south of England/home-counties, which is why, in terms of independence, I'd happily take the rest of England with us (the Scots) and leave the arrogant and the self-centred assholes you mention to it

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast