Closed Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    I was wondering if it was a good idea to start this thread, but I think we need to talk about and listen to everyone's views.
    I don't have any answers to put it right, but very many Corbyn supporter's are very angry and wallowing in self pity, blaming everyone but themselves.

They need to visit those labour heartlands and ask people why instead of just taking their support for granted.
    Spot on. There was a guardian women the other day saying she did nt believe natural Labour supporters in the north/ midlands are going to think any different to the chattering classes of Hampstead.
    The difference being of course Hampstead is not an area over run with mass immigration. Now, Camden itself is a mixed area culturally and thats fine in my book but there are always going to be
    problems when peeps see there town completely change ethnically ( for won't of a better word ) during there lifetime.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I really don't understand that argument. If it were true why did so many vote for the likes of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg, who couldn't be further from working class voters in their background.
    Would you have said the same of Thatchers govt back in the 80s? Many working class folk are aspirational, they like how the system works, for many people the competitive nature of capitalism seems natural. Boris has a blokey persona, he is clever like that, the Momentum persona is of an uptight academic lefty droning on about pc language, white privilege, trans rights, etc I wonder why they don't connect with the 'man in the street'!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    In Scotland Labour became increasingly irrelevant given the growing popularity of the SNP, who successfully argued that a London-based Labour Party would never take Scotland's problems seriously.
    And neither has ANY London-based English government since the inception of Westminster, which is precisely the problem Scots have always faced, and why the SNP has always been popular in Scotland, never more so than now. It's been a grossly unfair political system for centuries, biased towards England, and now the Scots rightly want out!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but that's not what I've done, so don't start with your silly little digs!

I've got good reason to post what I did in reference to the media, the same as I've good reason to believe the stuff I've posted in the past about the Royal Family and paedophiles (some of which is just starting to surface now with Prince Andrew), 9/11, Jill Dando, and Princess Diana's 'accidental death', etc, the 'evidence' of which is out there should you care to do the required research, but which I won't be getting into here simply for you to dismiss as 'conspiracy theory', or become embroiled in a circular argument about, just because what I've stated offends your sensibilities and/or doesn't fit with your belief system.

Marco.
    I think you've just proved my point! I countered your claim about Jewish ownership of the media with the actual facts, which show that the media is mostly not Jewish-owned, and you come back with a lot of bluster about random conspiracy theories. I think my time with AoS is at an end.

I'm brian.

And neither has ANY London-based English government since the inception of Westminster, which is precisely the problem Scots have always faced, and why the SNP has always been popular in Scotland, never more so than now. It's been a grossly unfair political system for years, biased towards England, and now the Scots rightly want out!

Marco.
    . Yes, they had a great election but I hear plenty of people on phone in s moaning about SNP. She may be Krankie but she don't make me laugh . I was Wrong there though she just did !

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I think you've just proved my point! I countered your claim about Jewish ownership of the media with the actual facts, which show that the media is mostly not Jewish-owned, and you come back with a lot of bluster about random conspiracy theories. I think my time with AoS is at an end.
    You've proved nothing, other than as usual showing that you only want to consider that which fits with your belief system. What would be the point in linking you to what I consider is evidence supporting my view, when all you would do in return is dismiss it because you disagree. All that would achieve is a pointless circular argument, as evidenced by past events on similar matters, and I've got better things to do!

Stay or go, that's up to you, but don't throw your toys out the pram like a girl just because some folk say things that irk your sensibilities.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

don't throw your toys out the pram like a girl just because some folk say things that irk your sensibilities.

Marco.
    Welcome to AoS, home of sexist comments
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    . Yes, they had a great election but I hear plenty of people on phone in s moaning about SNP. She may be Krankie but she don't make me laugh . I was Wrong there though she just did !
    Folk moan about politicians all the time, not just about the SNP. Their statistics at this election, and ever-growing popularity in Scotland speaks for itself, regardless of any criticism they've received. "Krankie" is a class act and a damned sight better leader of her party than Corbyn has been of his!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Welcome to AoS, home of sexist comments
    Give it rest, unless you have something more constructive to say. The smiley at the ends adds no notion of your comment being tongue-in-cheek.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Spot on. There was a guardian women the other day saying she did nt believe natural Labour supporters in the north/ midlands are going to think any different to the chattering classes of Hampstead.
    The difference being of course Hampstead is not an area over run with mass immigration. Now, Camden itself is a mixed area culturally and thats fine in my book but there are always going to be
    problems when peeps see there town completely change ethnically ( for won't of a better word ) during there lifetime.
    Basically in some areas the native white population have become swamped with coloured people yes? Apparently to be concerned about this is racist! 50 years ago when Enoch gave his infamous speech, the coloured population was a tiny fraction of what it is now. Most Brits aren't racists, they will tolerate difference, gays, trans, whatever, some other countries are very different. The simple point is when you start to displace the native population too much, with people whose culture is radically different. That is the thing, if mass immigration came from France or Spain, this problem wouldn't exist. Down here in Brighton, there has been recently quite a lot of Spanish immigration - an exception to the rule - and we integrate perfectly, same with Eastern Europeans. I've lived in London as well, and everyone is a stranger in that city, smiles are in short supply. I went to view a flat in some East London suburb once, and there were so many Pakistani men walking around in those light coloured robes they wear, I was out of there like a shot. I also remember viewing a flat in pre gentrified Hackney, and over hearing some white thug talking about getting 'tooled up', didn't wanna live there either! Wherever an ethnic group has colonised somewhere, then the natives will feel excluded, that's inevitable living in a connected world, but its happening too much now in the UK and other parts of Europe, with peoples whose culture is too alien to that of Europe, the Tories will do naff all about it either.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast