Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good job then I'm a healthy big bastard, and take hee-haw meds!

Marco [not been near a doctor's for about 10 years].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Wait until you have to pay £2000 for an X-ray and £10000 for an MRI or a few hundred £’s every month for your meds
    Where's your evidence for that?

Both the costs and premise

Edit. Google search suggest between $80-500 for a chest xray in USA
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Wait until you have to pay £2000 for an X-ray and £10000 for an MRI or a few hundred £’s every month for your meds
    Actually the prices for scans aren't that shocking - nevertheless can mount up pretty quickly if you are having a lengthy course of treatment.

I recently made enquiries about getting a CT scan privately ... the linked price list is fairly typical of what I found:

https://topmri.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobCh...SAAEgJqIvD_BwE

MRI scans run up to £1400 for instance (including report, etc.)

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The RIGHT to live and work may be taken away but the ability will still remain

Europeans lived and worked here and Britains lived and worked in Europe pre Maastricht so why shouldn't it happen after we leave the EU?
    I lived in mainland Europe for a while in the early 70s (before UK joined the EU) ... was a right pita travelling around, getting work permits. etc.

Much, much easier after 73 but still a while before I could get past borders without some kind of hassle.

If it goes back to that kind of situation I pity anyone who moved over there before the Ref.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good job then I'm a healthy big bastard, and take hee-haw meds!

Marco [not been near a doctor's for about 10 years].

Make the most of it - all that changes after you hit 60 mate

Get to a Doc - and make sure you get your checkups

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post

He don't need to mate. He may not be the Incredible Hulk but he certainly IS the incredible BULK

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post

Lol, we'll see... My dad's 86 and takes zero meds, is rarely ever ill, looks at least 15 years younger than he is and is fit as a fiddle. My granddad was the same and lived until he was 92, so good health and longevity seems to run in the family!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    He don't need to mate. He may not be the Incredible Hulk but he certainly IS the incredible BULK
    What's that supposed to mean?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What's that supposed to mean?

Marco.
    . What ? You just called yourself a big Bastard. Clearly relates to that.

Yes, 6ft2 ins and 16 stone. Thought you were trying to imply that I was a fat bastard

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast