Closed Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Labour lost because they were seen as the Momentum party, a coterie of middle class academic leftist virtue signallers par excellence. How could they possibly connect with working class voters?
    I really don't understand that argument. If it were true why did so many vote for the likes of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg, who couldn't be further from working class voters in their background.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Really? The Daily Telegraph is owned by the Catholic Barclay twins, the Daily Mail by the Harmsworth family (CofE AFAIK, and they backed fascism pre-WW2), the BBC and Channel 4 are publicly-owned, the FT is owned by a Japanese company, News International is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is of Scottish and Irish descent. So what evidence is there of the media being 'mostly Jewish owned and controlled'?
    If you do some digging around you may discover there are others involved at high levels in the media (and especially at the BBC), with some major influence. I will say no more on that particular matter.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ah well, that's me done with AOS.

That's a shame, it's been fun.

Bye.
    Eh.... Why on earth do you say that??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    As for the comments about antisemitism, they have been used to repeatedly smear Jeremy Corbyn. This is true whether you believe that he is antisemitic or you don't. It has been a major weapon against him and any evidence to the contrary has been ignored by the British media. The great Noam Chomsky has declared antisemitism to be completely untrue with respect to Corbyn and a creation of the right wing media. The chief rabbi has weighed into the debate recently but was then found to be a personal friend of Boris Johnson so he disappeared from view as soon as this was picked up.
    Spot on, not just the highlighted bit, but the whole lot! And the last bit is also, shall we say, rather 'interesting'

And by the way, just in case anyone thinks differently, just because you're critical of any particular race, or what they stand for on some issues, Jewish or otherwise, doesn't make you are 'anti' them or racist! No-one in this world is beyond reproach, scrutiny or criticism.

Marco.
    Main System

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I was wondering if it was a good idea to start this thread, but I think we need to talk about and listen to everyone's views.
    I don't have any answers to put it right, but very many Corbyn supporter's are very angry and wallowing in self pity, blaming everyone but themselves.

They need to visit those labour heartlands and ask people why instead of just taking their support for granted.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Geoff.

The thread was a good one to start but comments like 'wallowing in self pity' are not the words of someone who genuinely wishes to listen to everyone's views.

I speak as a remainer.
    I speak as someone who moved abroad temporarily, partly because of the UK issues in education.
    I speak as someone who deplores the lack of scrutiny of the current government's performance in the last decade.
    I also speak as someone whose family are firmly Brexit supporters and will have voted as such in this election.

What is shocking, and needs to be examined completely, is that a party has been re-elected despite it generally being considered that they have done a very, very poor job while in government. The opposition has to take responsibility for that. We also need to examine other issues at play, like the role of the media and the issues around self interest and conflict of interest in politics.

I am open to discussion that includes both sides listening to each other.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm joe.

Anti-semitism often takes the form of the argument that 'the Jews control everything', with the spoken or unspoken implication that 'something must be done about it'. This is an argument that is deployed by both right-wing and left-wing politicians; the right-wing element playing on the nationalist sentiment that Jews are 'alien' and not really German/English/whatever, and the left-wing element playing on class-envy: 'Look how rich those Jews are, and how poor you are'. Saying that the media is 'mostly Jewish owned and controlled' and then backing off when asked to produce evidence looks disingenuous at best.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    I was wondering if it was a good idea to start this thread, but I think we need to talk about and listen to everyone's views.
    I don't have any answers to put it right, but very many Corbyn supporter's are very angry and wallowing in self pity, blaming everyone but themselves.

They need to visit those labour heartlands and ask people why instead of just taking their support for granted.
    The danger signals for me started when Gordon Brown, thinking his mic was switched off, muttered that a woman in a Northern constituency who expressed concern about levels of immigration from Eastern Europe was a 'typical bigot'. Labour when in power consistently ignored the problems of towns across the country where schools, hospitals and other public services were under huge pressure because of high levels of immigration. The Tories have done little to address the problem either, but they have made the right noises. In Scotland Labour became increasingly irrelevant given the growing popularity of the SNP, who successfully argued that a London-based Labour Party would never take Scotland's problems seriously.

I'm Grant.

Anti-semitism often takes the form of the argument that 'the Jews control everything', with the spoken or unspoken implication that 'something must be done about it'. This is an argument that is deployed by both right-wing and left-wing politicians; the right-wing element playing on the nationalist sentiment that Jews are 'alien' and not really German/English/whatever, and the left-wing element playing on class-envy: 'Look how rich those Jews are, and how poor you are'. Saying that the media is 'mostly Jewish owned and controlled' and then backing off when asked to produce evidence looks disingenuous at best.
    when times are tough a scapegoat is always found
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yes, but that's not what I've done, so don't start with your silly little digs!

I've got good reason to post what I did in reference to the media, the same as I've good reason to believe the stuff I've posted in the past about the Royal Family and paedophiles (some of which is just starting to surface now with Prince Andrew), 9/11, Jill Dando, and Princess Diana's 'accidental death', etc, the 'evidence' for which is out there should you care to do the required research, but which I won't be getting into here simply for you to dismiss as 'conspiracy theory', or become embroiled in a circular argument about, just because what I've stated offends your sensibilities and/or doesn't fit with your belief system.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast