Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    It's Concorde, one of the most amazing machines of recent history.
    Nope

You imagined it

Apparently it is absolutely impossible that could ever have been a joint business enterprise between us and France before the EU
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    It's Concorde, one of the most amazing machines of recent history.
    And a tragedy it's been consigned to history.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I thought a lot of members of this forum were fairly mature (in age) yet the doom mongering over Brexit suggests nobody can remember pre EU years.

Anybody heard of a plane called Concord?

In case you haven't it was an Anglo-French collaboration dating back to the 60s, or did I imagine that?

Anybody ever drunk Australian or Californian or Chilean wine? You can't have because none of those countries are in the EU so we apparently can't trade with them

I thought I could remember my Dad owning a 1969 Citroën but must have imagined it because that was pre EU and we can't possibly have bought anything from France if we weren't in the EU

We won't be able to get medical staff for hospitals. Anybody ever been treated by an Asian doctor or Nurse? No you haven't, those countries aren't in the EU so their citizens can't possibly work here.
    I think you are entirely missing the point; we live in a very different world to the pre-EU one.

It's golbalised and connected and retreating to 'Little Britain' is not going to turn back the clock.

I'm Jon.

I nearly crashed my car today when i was laughing so much whilst listening to the astonishment of some labour supporters who had called into the Jeremy Vine show…

I mean did they really expect the voting public to get behind that blithering idiot Corbyn? Had they not read his policies, watched his party political broadcasts or even spoken to another person with an IQ larger than their shoe size?
    I’ve spoken to friends, family and work colleagues, some of whom are on the breadline, some who are comfortable and some who are silly rich, and one thing was constant..
    No Corbyn, no way and absolutely not.
    Just look at the sheer amount of labour stalwarts who “lent” their vote to Boris just to stop that cretin getting into number 10.
    Now, if labour had put a potato on stick up as a challenger to Boris, then things may have been different.
    The outcome would have been the same, but the potato would have spouted far less unbelievable claptrap and would have probably gained more respect. Theres a reason why its labour’s worst performance since 1935 and Corbyn was it!

It really was only going to go one way, and it did.
    The correct way.

And thats all i have to say on the matter.
    I thank you

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    I think you are entirely missing the point; we live in a very different world to the pre-EU one.

It's golbalised and connected and retreating to 'Little Britain' is not going to turn back the clock.

Nope, the world is exactly the same now, it's just attitudes that have changed
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I nearly crashed my car today when i was laughing so much whilst listening to the astonishment of some labour supporters who had called into the Jeremy Vine show…

I mean did they really expect the voting public to get behind that blithering idiot Corbyn? Had they not read his policies, watched his party political broadcasts or even spoken to another person with an IQ larger than their shoe size?
    I’ve spoken to friends, family and work colleagues, some of whom are on the breadline, some who are comfortable and some who are silly rich, and one thing was constant..
    Just look at the sheer amount of labour stalwarts who “lent” their vote to Boris just to stop that cretin getting into number 10.
    Now, if labour had put a potato on stick up as a challenger to Boris, then things may have been different.
    The outcome would have been the same, but the potato would have spouted far less unbelievable claptrap and would have probably gained more respect. Theres a reason why its labour’s worst performance since 1935 and Corbyn was it!

The correct way.

I thank you
    Love the rant, Jon However. I'm afraid that I disagree with every word!!! Boris is just as big a BALLOON, only in a different (but much more dangerous) way.

And no, I won't be going into the exact reasons why I disagree, save to say that we've now got another 5 years of austerity, at the ruling hands of the establishment/elite!!

In some ways I wish I was still living in Scotland, as I'd have voted for the [every-growing and more popular] SNP party..... Long live The Sturge:

She's saying: "YA DANCER, SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE HERE WE COME - FUCK WESTMINSTER RULE!!"

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

The thing that amazed me after both the EU referendum and yesterday's election was the vitriolic holier than thou responses from those who backed the losing side.
    The remainders have now had two democratic opportunities to get what they want and have failed both times because they were in the minority, now please accept the will of the majority and get over it.
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    The UK is fucked. English Nationalism has destroyed the union, Brexit will destroy the UK, everyone reading this will suffer, anyone who voted conservative, shame on you. Boris is a liar, a smoke and mirrors con man and the conservatives do not give a fuck for anyone but themselves. Did you watch what I watched, did you see and hear what I did, and still you gave them your vote.

For the rest of us we are at the mercy of little englander europhobia nationalism, Scotland will try to leave, and northern ireland had been thrown under the bus. I am scared about what will happen here, but as long as its here and not on the streets of British cities none of you who voted consevative will give a fuck.

Worst day in the history of the UK, next to brexit vote.

Hear, hear!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The thing that amazed me after both the EU referendum and yesterday's election was the vitriolic holier than thou responses from those who backed the losing side.
    The remainders have now had two democratic opportunities to get what they want and have failed both times because they were in the minority, now please accept the will of the majority and get over it.
    Yup, its a plain as the nose on your face.
    I'll be happy when i can't hear all the toys being thrown out of the pram, the childish stamping of feet and tantrums by the losing side.
    Suck it up buttercups, it's happened.
    Deal with it

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post

The correct way.

I thank you
    Don’t bother thanking me, I’m not applauding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast