Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 327

Thread: Boris big win.

  1. #161
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Interesting comment about food banks, have you wondered why they are used so much?

    I see from your location you're from Bristol so are probably familiar with Southmead?
    My wife used to work in a school on the estate where a significant proportion of pupils were arriving at school having had no breakfast as there was no food in the house. The really shocking part is that they were picked up from school by parents wearing £100 trainers, lots of tattoos (not cheap) and very often already half pissed at 3pm.

    This is a fact witnessed first hand on a regular basis by my wife not a daily mail headline
    Exactly, what sort of cretin cannot feed their own kids, food is cheap as hell these days.
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  2. #162
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    '...the Bank of England have, as you say, been consistently pro-EU, because they know precisely how difficult it will be for us to make trade agreements post-Brexit..'

    They have also had to apologize for their incorrect forecasts on the economic impact of Brexit, so I don't set too much store by their claims on other dire consequences of our freedom
    Give it a chance, we haven't even left the EU yet. After a year or so when the gears begin to grind and the many hurdles that are put in our place for trading with our biggest trading partner begin to take effect we will surely see a drop off in exports. And the promises from Trump turn out to mean little...…….Saying that I don't predict the disaster that some do, in fact today markets have rallied and house sales have picked up so that's good for me anyway (being a removal man).
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  3. #163
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I'm confused, do the Scots want to be independent or part of the EU?
    A third of Scottish Nationalists are pro Brexit. So both.
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  4. #164
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 92,791
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post
    Spot on. Corbyn would have been the worst thing ever to happen to this country.
    In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote for Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BJ-boy is yer man

    Marco.
    Graham Peck, Knutkullavägen 15, 81569 Månkarbo, Uppsala, Sweden is an Internet troll. Report him (and his illegal, vile racist and abusive behaviour on Snakeoilaudio.com), should you be appalled by it, or a victim.

    The garden shed in my avatar is the property at the above address, should anyone wish to visit.

  5. #165
    Join Date: Sep 2019

    Location: Bristol (south of).

    Posts: 139
    I'm Kev.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Exactly, what sort of cretin cannot feed their own kids, food is cheap as hell these days.
    Food is cheap? Obviously nobody on a HiFi forum is likely to be living in poverty, but I can assure you that there are people who struggle to make ends meet, and rely on school dinners etc. to feed their kids. There are always exceptions to the rules, where parents don’t seem to care about their kids, and are not responsible enough to have them, but we cannot change this, unfortunately....

    Let’s hope Bojo does a good job, and proves himself not to be a bumbling buffoon.

  6. #166
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BlowJob-boy is yer man

    Marco.
    Much of Labours support came from London boroughs, under Corbyn Labour is dead to the working class, wonder why that is? Still, we all missed out on that free internet eh?
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  7. #167
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Food is cheap? Obviously nobody on a HiFi forum is likely to be living in poverty, but I can assure you that there are people who struggle to make ends meet, and rely on school dinners etc. to feed their kids. There are always exceptions to the rules, where parents don’t seem to care about their kids, and are not responsible enough to have them, but we cannot change this, unfortunately....

    Let’s hope Bojo does a good job, and proves himself not to be a bumbling buffoon.
    Yes of course, but I simply cannot fathom not having enough agency to feed your own kids, I think it goes beyond poverty. For many folk these days its not the rate of pay, but that rate of rents that are the problem.
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  8. #168
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 92,791
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Much of Labours support came from London boroughs, under Corbyn Labour is dead to the working class, wonder why that is?
    Yes, because they were too thick to see the bigger picture of what voting for the Trump-like balloon we've got now as PM will mean for our country, and conned by the Tory rhetoric and BJ-boy's promise of 'Let's get Brexit done', because they were sick to death of hearing about it and all the indecision, and so without too much intelligent thought switched their allegiances accordingly to the Tories.

    And his promise is almost certain to be broken. BJ-boy, among many other things, is a bigoted, bullshitting buffoon, unfit to comb his own hair, never mind be PM, and in time will be proven as such.

    Marco.
    Graham Peck, Knutkullavägen 15, 81569 Månkarbo, Uppsala, Sweden is an Internet troll. Report him (and his illegal, vile racist and abusive behaviour on Snakeoilaudio.com), should you be appalled by it, or a victim.

    The garden shed in my avatar is the property at the above address, should anyone wish to visit.

  9. #169
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: West London

    Posts: 141
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BJ-boy is yer man

    Marco.
    If you look at London it is predominately Labour. Corbyn isn't Labour. He is a communist and it would have taken this country back to the 70's but without decent music.

    I passed my driving test in Blyth so was delighted when they voted for Levy as their MP.

    I think you should look to what happened with Labour and why they were deserted by their core supporters couldn't stomach voting for a London-centric labour party.

    BJ was a good mayor and could well turn out to be a good PM. Not that you will ever admit it.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

  10. #170
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,232
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, because they were too thick to see the bigger picture of what voting for the Trump-like balloon we've got now as PM will mean for our country, and conned by the Tory rhetoric and BJ-boy's promise of 'Let's get Brexit done', because they were sick to death of hearing about it and all the indecision, and so without too much intelligent thought switched their allegiances accordingly to the Tories.

    And his promise is almost certain to be broken. BJ-boy, among many other things, is a bigoted, bullshitting buffoon, unfit to comb his own hair, never mind be PM, and in time will be proven as such.

    Marco.
    I think many who voted Brexit will wonder what they voted for, I don't think Boris will even deliver the Brexit they wanted. That doesn't make Labour anymore electable to these people, again, why is that? Why did Labour fail so spectacularly to connect with their core voters? Because it was seen as being the party of Momentum, of conspiracy minded, identity politics obsessed, Israel hating mupppets.
    Current system. NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amps - Quad 909/Croft micro 25. Chario Syntar 100 Tower. QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •