Closed Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm Mike.

Default Boris big win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I think you will find if you care to look it up that more revenue is collected from Scotland than is paid in.
    Yip per head of population

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    And re English Nationalism its thriving. I am sure many in 30s Germany thought as you did.
    Carry on Neil - this is the funniest thing I've read in ages
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jo.

I respect and admire the Scottish nationalist assertion of nationhood and hope to live to see the day of independence come.

But, before we get too misty eyed, the Scottish people were not backwards in allying their own interests with that of the British Crown, itself an amalgamation of Scottish and English intersts, ver many other peoples, not least the Irish. The oppression of the Irish in Scotland is well documented and continues to this day. Looking over the titles of ownership of the plantations in the north of ireland, Scottish surnames dominate: not just a record of the expropriation of land but a map of the frontline of bloody religous oppression.

Let's not forget either that the modern rise of nationalism in Scotland has had its less benign aspects, the rise of anti-semitism is not confined to the influence of the English or Scottish Labour Parties. Elements within the SNP have articulated an anti-Semitisc narratives. I'm not suggesting that Sturgeon ot the SNP is anti-Semitic like Corbyn, but she was, like the Green leader, Lucas, prepared to back him as an interim PM. So much for their passionate commitments to anti-racism.

No one nation has a monopoly in virtue or in villany.

I read that the new PM has declined the SNP's request for another referendum on independence. Since the SNP argue that referenda are not binding, why ask for another one anyway? Why not simply declare independence?

Perhaps the peoples of the remaining members of the union might be offered a vote on whether to dissolve the union, or whether to reform the union into one without Scotland, thus making Scotland an independent nation.

I am an English nationalist and have no interest in binding other nations to a union not to their taste. My preference would be to vote for the dissolution of the union. I look to free my own country from the same union that the SNP wish to be rid of. I would like an English Parliament with assmeblies for the English regions as a prelude to the introdcction of Direct Democracy.

The more devolution we can get, the more power we can take from the politicians and their rubbishy party sysytem, the better.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    That depends on which "facts" you believe
    Yes, and that applies to you, me, or indeed anyone else other than those who actually know the *real* ones!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Carry on Neil - this is the funniest thing I've read in ages
    Why not put some 'meat on the bone' then, Chris, and tell him *why* you think he's wrong? Comments such as the above do nothing to further the debate.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Default Boris big win.

England voted to leave the EU

Scotland voted to Remain in the EU

England voted the Tories in to ensure we leave the EU

Scotland voted the SNP in to try and ensure we split from England ( no point saying the UK we really just mean England )and rejoin the EU once ‘we’ leave

Why can’t the English population see that WE the Scots want our own rule backed by the EU, just the same as England want theirs ie: not ruled by the EU.

We are fed up being ruled by Westminster who let’s face it couldn’t give a fuck about us up here (Johnson more than anyone who still thinks he’s living in the time of the Highland clearances ) and see us as a nice little earner.

I can’t wait for NHS to be sold down the river so I can give the biggest middle finger ever and say we told you so!

The latest election was nothing but another Brexit vote.

Even if we don’t rejoin the EU after we split Scotland will do just fine on its own

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    II am an English nationalist and have no interest in binding other nations to a union not to their taste.
    Perhaps if Scotland and its people had been treated more fairly and equally by the Westminster parliamentary system, at its inception, rather than continually being shat upon from a great height by the ruling English classes, the Scots might've considered the "union" (in reality it was never such in many people's minds) more palatable?

The English simply have to accept that Scotland has a right to be governed by an authority with *its* best interests at heart, and no longer one that is fundamentally biased towards England, and has to report to Westminster. Quite simply, the country and its people have a right not only to fairness and equality, but to prosper as an independent nation in their own right, without having that prosperity eroded by laws designed to reward England at their expense!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jo.

If Brexit was cooked up by the wealthy, it is strange to reflect that it was a Tory government [along with other powerful & wealthy institutions such as the Bank of England, the Church of England, the CBI, and so on] that campiagned for us to vote Remain. If the suggestion is that the referendum was held to benefit those who keep their wealth protected offshore [such as the anti-Brexit The Guardian newspaper, through their GMG Hazel Acqusitions 1 Ltd, registered in the Caymen Islands], then why are so many of the rich tax-avoiding Remainers and fully supportive of the hyper-capitalist EU?

I'm Mike.

Westminster class us as a ‘Region’ that’s handy for shooting and fishing, and cheap holiday homes to get away from the rat race in London

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    England voted to leave the EU

Scotland voted to Remain in the EU

England voted the Tories in to ensure we leave the EU

Scotland voted the SNP in to try and ensure we split from England ( no point saying the UK we really just mean England )and rejoin the EU once ‘we’ leave

Why can’t the English population see that WE the Scots want our own rule backed by the EU, just the same as England want theirs ie: not ruled by the EU.

We are fed up being ruled by Westminster who let’s face it couldn’t give a fuck about us up here (Johnson more than anyone who still thinks he’s living in the time of the Highland clearances ) and see us as a nice little earner.

I can’t wait for NHS to be sold down the river so I can give the biggest middle finger ever and say we told you so!

The latest election was nothing but another Brexit vote.

Even if we don’t rejoin the EU after we split Scotland will do just fine on its own

Nail > Head!, especially the bit in bold!! One of the reasons why I detest the Tories, is because BlowJob-boy is *so* anti-Scottish

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast