Closed Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I think you will find if you care to look it up,that more money from the national economy per capita head is given to Scotland than anywhere else in the UK.
    That depends on which biased/manipulated set of statistics you've read best supports your belief system

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hibster_2000 Guest

The rich are going to get richer at the expense of the poor people.
    Food bank usage is at an all time high, and for the 5th or 6th richest economy in the world, it is pretty shocking.

I don’t think Corbyn was the best choice for the labour leader, but quite frankly the combination of Trump (an English slang word for a fart) and Johnson (an American slang word for a penis) scares me silly.

Time will tell if Brexit is a good idea or not, but one of the main reasons of people pushing for Brexit was due to the change in law regarding offshore investment declarations. The rich people in the U.K. are against this, and have managed to convince ce the population that Brexit is a good thing.

We will see, but if it is not good, then it is too late to go back cap in hand to rejoin the EU.
    I am also wondering where these new trade eats are, as we already have trade deals with the majority of the trading blocks.

I'm Gary.

I think you will find if you care to look it up,that more money from the national economy per capita head is given to Scotland than anywhere else in the UK.
    Can we please stop trying to use facts when people are venting anecdotal bias, they just cloud the issue
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I think you will find if you care to look it up that more revenue is collected from Scotland than is paid in.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    The rich are going to get richer at the expense of the poor people.
    Food bank usage is at an all time high, and for the 5th or 6th richest economy in the world, it is pretty shocking.

I don’t think Corbyn was the best choice for the labour leader, but quite frankly the combination of Trump (an English slang word for a fart) and Johnson (an American slang word for a penis) scares me silly.

Time will tell if Brexit is a good idea or not, but one of the main reasons of people pushing for Brexit was due to the change in law regarding offshore investment declarations. The rich people in the U.K. are against this, and have managed to convince ce the population that Brexit is a good thing.

We will see, but if it is not good, then it is too late to go back cap in hand to rejoin the EU.
    I am also wondering where these new trade eats are, as we already have trade deals with the majority of the trading blocks.
    Interesting comment about food banks, have you wondered why they are used so much?

I see from your location you're from Bristol so are probably familiar with Southmead?
    My wife used to work in a school on the estate where a significant proportion of pupils were arriving at school having had no breakfast as there was no food in the house. The really shocking part is that they were picked up from school by parents wearing £100 trainers, lots of tattoos (not cheap) and very often already half pissed at 3pm.

This is a fact witnessed first hand on a regular basis by my wife not a daily mail headline
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Can we please stop trying to use facts when people are venting anecdotal bias, they just cloud the issue
    No that's just how you're reading things through the eyes of your entrenched biases, and besides what you're agreeing with is factually wrong.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm dave.

"Time will tell if Brexit is a good idea or not, but one of the main reasons of people pushing for Brexit was due to the change in law regarding offshore investment declarations. The rich people in the U.K. are against this, and have managed to convince ce the population that Brexit is a good thing."

Again on the nail Hibstar 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    My wife used to work in a school on the estate where a significant proportion of pupils were arriving at school having had no breakfast as there was no food in the house. The really shocking part is that they were picked up from school by parents wearing £100 trainers, lots of tattoos (not cheap) and very often already half pissed at 3pm.

This is a fact witnessed first hand on a regular basis by my wife not a daily mail headline
    Then they're just as bad as fat cats living off the cream, created by the Tory policies of looking after the rich. I'd jail the wankers you describe for 6 months, if I caught them, and then make them work in soup kitchens, throughout the UK, for a year, just so they could see first hand what it's like to be genuinely poor!

*But* the odious actions of those parasites is not the main reason why food banks have grown in number recently.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    "Time will tell if Brexit is a good idea or not, but one of the main reasons of people pushing for Brexit was due to the change in law regarding offshore investment declarations. The rich people in the U.K. are against this, and have managed to convince ce the population that Brexit is a good thing."

Again on the nail Hibstar 2000
    Indeed. It's the best and most accurate post on this thread!! And one I'll be highlighting shortly

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No that's just how you're reading things through the eyes of your entrenched biases, and besides what you're agreeing with is factually wrong.

Marco.
    That depends on which "facts" you believe
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast