Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Default Boris big win.

Did Corbyn get what he deserved? I think so and his momentum nutters have destroyed the labour party and ensured a decade of hard right tory rule thanks a bunch for that.
    Feel free to disagree but that's how I feel.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Grant.

as much as anything, its the you mustnt say this, that or next thing etc people who along with european idiology that has produced the hard right vote.
    The Labour vote is dead now as is the party, mostly because many working class folk are wealthier, own their houses, have 2 cars etc...labour's answer was... we will go further left, not because the people want, but because they want it for the people.

snp have evolved as a party and keep evolving and look how well they do
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

I totally agree
    I never thought I would ever vote for an upper class twit like Boris but found myself with no viable alternative
    Hopefully Labour will realise that the ordinary people have no interest in their political correctness and looney left crap
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    as much as anything, its the you mustnt say this, that or next thing etc people who along with european idiology that has produced the hard right vote.
    The Labour vote is dead now as is the party, mostly because many working class folk are wealthier, own their houses, have 2 cars etc...labour's answer was... we will go further left, not because the people want, but because they want it for the people.

snp have evolved as a party and keep evolving and look how well they do
    Yeah but that contradicts the Labour shadow front bench that kept telling us about the 14m people living in poverty !. I think basically your right though.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Yeah but that contradicts the Labour shadow front bench that kept telling us about the 14m people living in poverty !. I think basically your right though.
    There are a lot on poverty line no doubt, but how many actually bother to vote these days? Many probably aren't signed up, others can't be bothered etc.
    Thatchers idea of folk owning their house to trap them as non lefty labour voters worked. Labour's only successes have been new Labour which was almost leftwing tory.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Hibster_2000 Guest

There were a lot of young people who registered to vote, but were turned away because they were not on the list. I saw a few at the local polling station.

I'm Neil.

The UK is fucked. English Nationalism has destroyed the union, Brexit will destroy the UK, everyone reading this will suffer, anyone who voted conservative, shame on you. Boris is a liar, a smoke and mirrors con man and the conservatives do not give a fuck for anyone but themselves. Did you watch what I watched, did you see and hear what I did, and still you gave them your vote.

For the rest of us we are at the mercy of little englander europhobia nationalism, Scotland will try to leave, and northern ireland had been thrown under the bus. I am scared about what will happen here, but as long as its here and not on the streets of British cities none of you who voted consevative will give a fuck.

Worst day in the history of the UK, next to brexit vote.

Regards Neil

I'm Lawrence.

Shame on those who exercised their democratic choice and voted for the party they believed offered the best choice for the nation (or the least worst in some cases)?

Those with that attitude in politics and the media can actually thank themselves for the Conservative party's success as that's mainly what drove the landslide IMHO.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Neil, I am reluctant to comment on any political thread on a Hi-Fi forum but, I entirely agree with your comments.
    I know there will be push back against what I said, but its how I feel, and I needed to say it. Time will tell, whether things are going to be as bad as I fear, or worse.
    Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    The UK is fucked. English Nationalism has destroyed the union, Brexit will destroy the UK, everyone reading this will suffer, anyone who voted conservative, shame on you. Boris is a liar, a smoke and mirrors con man and the conservatives do not give a fuck for anyone but themselves. Did you watch what I watched, did you see and hear what I did, and still you gave them your vote.

For the rest of us we are at the mercy of little englander europhobia nationalism, Scotland will try to leave, and northern ireland had been thrown under the bus. I am scared about what will happen here, but as long as its here and not on the streets of British cities none of you who voted consevative will give a fuck.

Worst day in the history of the UK, next to brexit vote.

By English Nationalism you mean Brexit, also popular in Wales...…..And Scottish and Welsh independence have long sought to 'destroy the union'. No one should feel shame for voting Tory with an opposition like Corbyn & Co. Though I agree Boris is an opportunist with no real conviction. I'm guessing you're predicting the rise of Fascism in the UK, nothing so wild will happen, Brits simply aren't up for extremism of any kind.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast