Closed Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Me too

We (England) won't have to support the poor relations anymore lol
    No you're not a nationalist

The best comment about the elections I've seen was: Turkeys voting for Christmas.
    Last edited by anubisgrau; 14-12-2019 at 01:13.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Do you realise that you've voted for a party full of inbred chinless wonders and (very carefully-closeted) paedophiles. just like a large chunk of the Royal Family, who don't give the slightest fuck about you or your family's interests?

Marco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    No you're not a nationalist

The best comment about the elections I've seen was: Turkeys voting for Christmas.
    That depends on what you mean by nationalist

It seems there are two very different definitions

Scottish and Welsh nationalists are apparently proud patriots who want their countries to be free to make their own decisions

For some reason English people with similar views are narrow minded racists. At least that's how things are depicted by other narrow minded racists that pretend to something else
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm gone.

I'm Alan.

Jerry for PM

I'm Dave.

This Country is a world leader. Its a financial powerhouse and a place of great innovation. We will be better off, it'll just take time.
    Quoted from Bigman80

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Most economists would agree that giving up membership of a trading bloc which is also our biggest trading partner is a bad idea. Brexit wasn't about economics though, it was partly D Cameron not being able to tame the more right wing elements of his own party, and also that large parts of the UK electorate didn't think they had much to lose, that's why Brexit is mostly popular in economically depressed post industrial areas like Wales and the midlands/North of England. It was also - and this is the bit I like - a kickback against the 'experts', and political correctness, of which the EU seems to epitomise. People don't like being told what to think, and I find remainers as annoying as you seem to, even though I agree with them about not being able to see the economic benefits of leaving the EU. Some of that may sound contradictory, but Brexit isn't the black and white, in or out issue its often presented as. The thing about leaving the EU is how complicated it all is and about how much of our parliamentary time will be taken up with it, and whether in the end it will all be worth it. I do wonder what the Tories will do for those Brexit supporting areas I mentioned? Because their manifesto didn't promise much govt. investment from what I read in the papers. Having more preferential access to the Chinese middle class market would be good, as to how different that would be to what we have now I don't know.
    Maybe the UK is a world leader, and it has the fifth or sixth largest economy. In terms of per capita income, and other factors such as general well-being, it’s much lower - perhaps around 20th, which puts it well below several other EU states, though there are still some which are lower ranked.

There is, of course, very significant disparity between regions in the UK, with some parts having low per capita incomes, poor opportunities etc. There is very little trickle down from the wealthier parts, IMO.
    Dave

I'm dave.

On the money Dave

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    That depends on what you mean by nationalist

It seems there are two very different definitions

Scottish and Welsh nationalists are apparently proud patriots who want their countries to be free to make their own decisions

For some reason English people with similar views are narrow minded racists. At least that's how things are depicted by other narrow minded racists that pretend to something else
    Scottish and Welsh are irrelevant or much less relevant for this issue, because it's clash of a big nation, colonialism backed nationalism that was a global occupying force for centuries and smaller, generally much less toxic or dangerous nationalisms. Just google - big nation vs small nation nationalism. Scotts and Welsh will have to finish the process of national emancipation first, simply they don't rule themselves and their independence will be the final stage of their liberation from Westminster.

If you look at Europe (no pun intended), there is hardly any country left with such a strong ethnic mix, maybe partly a Spain but it gonna dissolve too. Just as Brexit is simply a wrong consequence of fake resentment, romanticism for days when Britain ruled, the attitude towards Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is the last remain of the colonial domination. A shrunk Commonwealth kept together with toxic nationalism.
    Gordan.
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Quoted from Bigman80

Maybe the UK is a world leader, and it has the fifth or sixth largest economy. In terms of per capita income, and other factors such as general well-being, it’s much lower - perhaps around 20th, which puts it well below several other EU states, though there are still some which are lower ranked.

There is, of course, very significant disparity between regions in the UK, with some parts having low per capita incomes, poor opportunities etc. There is very little trickle down from the wealthier parts, IMO.
    Yup... Take London out of the equation, and then recalculate your figures on UK wealth/prosperity and well-being...

And for a country that has the 5th or 6th largest economy, we also have shocking levels of poverty and homelessness, for a supposedly civilised and wealthy country, which the Tories have largely created with their policies designed to look after the best interests of the rich, at the expense of others.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gordan.

Speaking of London, what were the results there?
    Gordan.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast