+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Allo Usbridge ( Network Audio Player )

I'm Mike.

Default For Sale: Allo Usbridge ( Network Audio Player )

I have for sale an Allo Usbridge in aluminium case with Allo 5v/3a PSU and Emmc card running Volumio. Can also be run with DietPi.

Bought on a whim to compare against my Pi/Boss setup, however you need a USB Dac and the Topping D10 I bought to go with it as a cheap experiment isn't compatible ( due to the Topping drawing too much power via the USB on bootup ) and having thought about it I can't be bothered buying anything else to get it running so I've decided just to sell it on.

Currently setup to work off of 2 x 5v PSU's but easily changed to work from one by adding the jumper back in ( supplied ).

In excellent condition, no original box but will be well packaged.

£70 including next day UK delivery.

Nice review here:

https://youtu.be/f0tMX8EdP4Y

Last edited by mikeyb; 13-12-2019 at 09:21.

I'm Andrew.

Just a question do you know if this could be used to connect to Logitech Media Server as a Network Player ?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Just a question do you know if this could be used to connect to Logitech Media Server as a Network Player ?
    I've just quickly googled and if using DietPi it looks like you just set up Squeezelite on the Usbridge.

Looks like you can use LMS, DLNA, or Roon if you install DietPi on either the Emmc card or another mSD card. Both of which are installed externally so you can keep the Volumio install on the Emmc card and use another mSD card to test DietPi ( nb: only one card can installed at any one time )
    Last edited by mikeyb; 13-12-2019 at 08:41.

I'm Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Bought on a whim to compare against my Pi/Boss setup, however you need a USB Dac and the Topping D10 I bought to go with it as a cheap experiment isn't compatible ( due to the Topping drawing too much power via the USB on bootup ) and having thought about it I can't be bothered buying anything else to get it running so I've decided just to sell it on.
    It is a pity you could not compare.
    Can't you power from some Amazon Fire or phone chargers?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregje View Post
    It is a pity you could not compare.
    Can't you power from some Amazon Fire or phone chargers?
    There is no power socket on the D10 to power it, it would require a separate USB dongle such as the iFi Defender but that's another £50.

I can power the Usbridge no problem with my dual linear PSU but the D10 DAC won't then power via the usbridge USB Host output.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 13-12-2019 at 08:40.

I'm Edward.

One trick to bring external power into the DAC is to splice into the USB cable power from a USB charger. Typically the USB cable has four coloured wires. Red + Black for power and White + Green for data. Simply splice power into the Red (positive) and Black (ground).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

I'll take £70 for it if that helps a sale.

Was £170 new

I'm Mike.

Any interest in this before I go buy a DAC to try it out?

It currently runs with Volumio and I fired it up today to test if it had built in WiFi ( it doesn't ) but it has all the plugins available such as Logitech Media Server, YouTube, Roon as well as loads of others.

I installed the Roon Bridge plugin and my Roon Core picked it up no problem.

I might just buy myself a compatible DAC and hook it up
    Last edited by mikeyb; 15-12-2019 at 13:12.

I'm Mike.

No interest ?

I'm Mike.

A Dodgem kind of bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast