+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zorloo Ztella USB DAC

I'm Andy.

Default Zorloo Ztella USB DAC

Saw this on kickstarter a month back and looked interesting so I thought I would pledge (think it was around £35).
    Arrived today and so far, pretty good.

Used it on my MAC and Android phone (Samsung S8) and so far so good (as in it works ), but not had chance to compare it to not using it to see if it is doing anything!
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Geoff.

I was thinking of buying the MQA version but decided to wait to see if reviews were positive. IIRC the MQA version was less than £10 more.

I'm Lawrence.

Just out of interest where do you find out about things like this, and how do you know it's not a scam?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Just out of interest where do you find out about things like this, and how do you know it's not a scam?

Crowdfunding venture. Zorloo is an established Hong Kong company with previous similar products.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I was thinking of buying the MQA version but decided to wait to see if reviews were positive. IIRC the MQA version was less than £10 more.
    Thought about the MQA one but having heard MQA on other devices, decided not to bother - will give this one a go and let you all know how it works for me.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Geoff.

Regarding MQA, I recently bought an Ifi Zen Dac to use as a headphone amp for my Hifiman 400i headphones. At the same time i bought a replacement balanced 4.4mm cable for the headphones to use with the Zen's balanced output. For £129 I am really pleased with the Zen. The balanced output is twice the voltage of the standard headphone connection and significantly improves on detail, dynamics, noise floor, and "presence". Anyone looking for a headphone only system should look at this combo. At about £350 for all three items (DAC, headphones and balanced cable) I think it takes some beating. The fact that the DAC does DSD and MQA is a further plus.

If the Zorloo MQA cable gets positive reviews I will likely buy one for listening to Tidal "on the road".

I'm Grant.

Decent value
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread