+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linn Aktiv

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by griffo104 View Post
    I have a 3 way aktiv setup with my old Keilidhs. cards in the Majik, LK100 and LK140. LK140 does the treble (the better amp according to my old dealer), the lk100 and majik on bass duties. A couple of things need snipping in the Keilidhs as well and I'm not sure if it's reversible if you do go down that route. if you go with three then the "extra" bass gets used. Not sure if this makes it any better as I went straight to a 3 way. If you use the card in the majik then you couldn't use the sneaky slot as it takes the place of that.

It made a huge difference for me when I did it.

It's easier to put the cards in the lk85 and lk140 as this was part of the upgraded design.
    Hi Griffo104, just a quick question - do you know if the card mounting plates for the LK100 are also compatible with the LK140? I presume they are as I haven’t seen specific LK140 plates. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by BDD View Post
    Hi Griffo104, just a quick question - do you know if the card mounting plates for the LK100 are also compatible with the LK140? I presume they are as I haven’t seen specific LK140 plates. Thanks.

My understanding is the LK140 is totally different from the LK100 and they aren't compatible. I think it's much easier to put the cards in the LK140. I can actually see the card sticking out of the back of my LK140 so I think they are mounted differently. The cards may just slip in to the LK140, I can't quite remember and I have long ago lost the manuals but pretty sure the LK140 and LK85 may have the plates already inside.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by griffo104 View Post
    My understanding is the LK140 is totally different from the LK100 and they aren't compatible. I think it's much easier to put the cards in the LK140. I can actually see the card sticking out of the back of my LK140 so I think they are mounted differently. The cards may just slip in to the LK140, I can't quite remember and I have long ago lost the manuals but pretty sure the LK140 and LK85 may have the plates already inside.
    Thanks once again

I'm Brian.

Default Linn Aktiv

And here it is - thanks for all the advice. Linn Karik player, Majik integrated as the control amp and two LK100 amps on aktiv bass and treble duties. This was set up by Loud & Clear in Edinburgh. Can’t rate them highly enough - attention to detail was superb and they identified and replaced few duff caps on one of the aktiv bass circuit boards. Wonderful sound and so much improved over passive. My hearing does let me down though.
    Last edited by BDD; 21-01-2020 at 08:57.

I'm Dennis.

The hearing thing is a bugger - just as you get to the best systems you have ever had your ears let you down.
    My right speaker seems to have a dreadful shrieking sound, but actually it is due to hearing loss and hyperacusis in that ear.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    The hearing thing is a bugger - just as you get to the best systems you have ever had your ears let you down.
    My right speaker seems to have a dreadful shrieking sound, but actually it is due to hearing loss and hyperacusis in that ear.
    Indeed. My high frequencies are pretty much gone, hearing aids help but add a harshness.

I'm Andrew.

A bit like the old blokes you see in sports cars. By the time they have enough disposable income to afford one they are too old to make the most of them.

I'm Simon.

Excellent stuff. Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12