+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Subscriptions and Apps

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Amazon have kept the details of their streaming close to their chest, so nothing has happened on the LMS front.
    Looks like Amazon want users to use the provided apps for the platforms they have released them on.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Twisted.

Thanks Chris, that’s as I feared.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    Right, so that brings me back to one of my original questions: can I get amazon HD to play through the main system - an internet connected pi set up currently using LMS on an NAS box? Oh and I would want to control it using an app of some sort, not by shouting commands across the room...
    No, and don’t hold your breath either, can’t ever see it happening which is why I’ve gone the Qobuz USA $14.99 route

I'm Simon.

Not quite what you want but I recently switched to amazon HD family, the wife and grandkids use it on their Echo Dots.

I use it from my phone casting through a google CCA in to my amp. So it is possible to control it without shouting at it which is good as our Echo doesn't seem to like Brummie.

I'm Matthew.

Currently listening to Amazon HD in my main system via the DTS Play-Fi app on my iPhone and then onto the Arcam rPlay streamer which has built-in support for the DTS Play-Fi app (although the Arcam is discontinued this is the same platform as used by the Audiolab 6000N streamer). The app isn't perfect but there's no need for Alexa to be involved in the process and the Amazon HD music app is launched within the DTS Play-fi app, if that makes sense? Amazon also have their own streamer with hifi credentials as part of the Echo family, but you have to look a little harder to find it; it's called the Echo Link - not had any encounters with the device though, so unable to recommend.
    Living Room System:
    Audiolab 6000CDT as transport into: Chord Mojo DAC. Audiolab 6000N Play Streamer (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi). Arcam C30 Pre-Amp, 2 x Arcam P25 Power Amps. Quad 22L speakers.
    Dining Room System:
    Arcam rPlay (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi) and Technics SL-10 into Arcam A19 Amp, Monitor Audio Silver 1 speakers

I'm Grant.

Giving my two Alexas to the grandkids. I never use now. Ive got other ways of skinning the cat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Twisted.

I had a look at the Echo link, and read the reviews. It seems like an expensive way to get Amazon HD onto a system and (as far as I can tell) it looks like you're stuck with the onboard dac. Shame really.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12