+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Subscriptions and Apps

I'm Twisted.

Default Music Subscriptions and Apps

Solutions sought for my first world dilemma.

I currently subscribe to Tidal HiFi (£19.99 a month) for 'serious listening' and downloads, and Spotify £9.99 for its wider catalogue and because KidA has playlists on her Echo to help her sleep.

So far so good, but TIDAL doesn't yet integrate with Amazon Echo in the UK, and so if KidA is listening to her playlist and we want to hear other stuff online we're screwed. Further. KidB is about to get an Echo, and no doubt she'll want to listen to her own stuff. So some sort of family account feels inevitable.

So what are my options?

I could easily solve with a Spotify family account + Tidal. But them I'm spending £35 a month on music subs, which starts to feel expensive.
    I could switch to Amazon HD family (£15) but I don't think that integrates with LMS, which I use to serve music to the proper system (using a NAS and Picore). Is there another software option to stream local music and Amazon?

What would you do?
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Twisted.

only in the States yet....
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I tried to delete my post before you spotted it
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Have you tried this?

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Twisted.

No. I'll have a look, though the image makes me want to puke over my keyboard...
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I ended up unlinking my Spotify account from Alexa - I have Spotify Family, but can't seem to set different accounts for each device. I found the free Amazon Music has been fine for the kids as it is mainly chart stuff they listen to.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Twisted.

Ahh that's disappointing as Spotty family was the route I was most likely to take. Is it not a feature do you think (to assign an account to each Echo)? Or did you just get fed up trying to find out how?
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I ended up unlinking my Spotify account from Alexa - I have Spotify Family, but can't seem to set different accounts for each device. I found the free Amazon Music has been fine for the kids as it is mainly chart stuff they listen to.
    Had the same issue, I deregisted the Alexa device on my amazon account and signed into it with another account.

Saved the problem with the music changing because someone on the other Alexa device had asked it to play something via Spotify Family.

I'm Craig.

I’ve had regular Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer, but am now very happy, and impressed with Amazon Music HD, at a fiver a month less than the others.
    I too looked into whether Tidal would link with Alexa months ago as it was in America, but afaia, still nothing here, so Amazon HD it was!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Twisted.

Right, so that brings me back to one of my original questions: can I get amazon HD to play through the main system - an internet connected pi set up currently using LMS on an NAS box? Oh and I would want to control it using an app of some sort, not by shouting commands across the room...
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast